Prison Pete is a captive formerly held in ScapeRune by Evil Bob. He played a key role in the Prison random event. Players were teleported to the prison, an alternate version of the Party Room, by Evil Bob. The keys to the exit were contained within balloon animals and the player had to identify the correct balloons to burst by pulling a lever on the wall. Once retrieved, the keys were then given to Pete, who attempted to unlock the door. If three of the correct keys were given to Pete within 15 minutes, he and the player would escape, the player returning to their previous location with a gift from Pete. However, Evil Bob would quickly abduct Pete again and return him to the prison.
After the removal of random events, Prison Pete transferred to the Port Sarim Jail, strongly fearing that Evil Bob would snatch him away again.
Before the Random events update, Prison Pete would not give a Random event gift as a reward. Instead, he would give one of the following (which would be noted if they were not stackable items):
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 January 2013 (Update):
- Prison Pete's hand no longer stretches when he unlocks a padlock from the locked door during a random event.
- patch 25 May 2011 (Update):
- The balloons in the Prison Pete macro event have been made larger.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- You can no longer bank keys from the Prison Pete random event.
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- Prison Pete's chat now correctly refers to the door you need to unlock, rather than the old series of doors.
- If you log out during the random event, and return more than 15 minutes later, most of your stats will drop down to zero. You will receive a message saying "Your time in prison leaves you strangely weakened."
- If you examine the skeletons in the room, you will find that they have odd descriptions... These descriptions refer to the Evil Chicken eating some of them. This is odd, as according to Evil Bob, there is no Evil chicken in ScapeRune, but rather the Cheery old chicken.
- Alas, poor Yojllik, I knew him backwards! (Yojllik is Killjoy backwards) This is a reference to a line in Shakespeare's Hamlet, which the title character says when looking at a skull: "Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him!"
- If a player talks to Prison Pete after he escorts someone else back to RuneScape, he will say, "Don't mind me, I was just leaving."
- Before its update to include a locked gate, the keys originally disabled three magical barriers which blocked the exit, which did not have a door at all.
- Prison Pete appears to be the ScapeRune counterpart to Party Pete. Not only do they appear similar, but the prison was a darker, more twisted version of the Party Room with the balloon animals in place of the inanimate balloons.
- Occasionally, a balloon animal will teleport into Prison Pete's cell and attempt to teleport him away. Prison Pete will be frightened, but the animal will be teleported away and Prison Pete will exclaim "Phew!" as a sign of relief.
You've escaped ScapeRune!
Jingle that plays upon escape. It is a rendition of In the Clink