This article is about the Zarosian Archaeology mystery achievement. For Nex collection log, see Prison Log
, and for the Raids feat, see Prison Riot
Prison Break is a mystery and achievement in which the player must discover how to unlock the doors leading into the prison block under the fortress at the Kharid-et Dig Site.
While it can be completed in free-to-play, only members can enter the prison block. Free players who have completed Prison Break will get the prison block as an additional option when they enter the fort entrance even if they can't go there, so it is recommended not to solve the mystery to avoid the extra click if they wish to excavate more in the fortress.
- Gather the first two of the four custodian's log pages from excavation sites found around Kharid-et. You can gather the first two pages from the following excavation hotspots: legionary remains, castra debris, and administratum debris.
- Turn them in to Liam who can be found near the door. He will give you a Kharid-et prison dial, which you will use to fix the broken dial. These two pages can be in the bank instead of the inventory.
- The broken dial is on the right of the door; it is the third circle down and looks like it has something missing.
- Use the correct prison key order on the buttons to the left of the door: Shadow, Blood, Smoke, Ice. This is determined by the ascending order of sentence length and the first two letters of the Inmate IDs.
- If you did not gather all four custodian's log pages before opening the door, gather any remaining pages from excavation sites found around Kharid-et. All four pages are required to complete this mystery. (In addition to the spots above, remaining pages can also be found at the two new spots inside the prison: praesidio remains and carcerem debris.)
- The prison door leads to a level 47 area.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- The player Wolverine316 was the first player who completed this mystery on 30 March 2020 which was shown in-game with the announcement: News: Wolverine316 is the first to solve the 'Prison Break' mystery!
- The examine text of the closed prison door reads: "Now, that's a big door." The opened pathway's examine text reads: "Now, that's an open door." This juxtaposes the usage of the word "now" from exclamative in the first sentence to adverbial in the second.
- The buttons and their corresponding dials have matching colour/element descriptions in their examine ("blood red", "ice blue", "shadow purple"), with the exception of smoke, which is described as "smoke green" on the button and "smoke grey" on the dial. Both are green, however.