The primal 2h sword is the strongest melee weapon in the game tied with the Primal maul and Primal spear. However, it can only be used in Daemonheim. It requires 99 Attack to wield. It can be obtained by defeating Kal'Ger the Warmonger, who requires a level of 113 Dungeoneering to encounter. It is a highly useful bind for those who have access to it, as it can cause large amounts of damage, and can quickly take out slash-weak foes such as forgotten rangers and zombie rangers. Ultimately, whether the player chooses this weapon or its crushing or stabbing cousins, the Primal maul or the Primal spear, depends on which monster weakness they think they will encounter more.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 12 April 2011 (Update):
- This sword now has a sound effect when using the ‘block’ stance.
- The Skeletal warrior of the Skeletal trio appears to use a damaged version of the Primal 2h sword.
- Thok uses a Primal 2h sword in the Fremennik Saga Thok It To 'Em (saga). He is also seen wielding it in one hand in some cases.
- The standard Guard uniform in the Heist minigame appears to include a Primal 2h sword, despite the minigame having no association with Daemonheim or Dungeoneering in general.
- It is possible to find the Primal 2h sword using a Trading Leech card from the Gorajo hoardstalker, if you have the requirements to wield it.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the primal 2h sword was primarily a Slash weapon, but could also use a Crush attack. It was one of the most commonly bound tier 11 weapons, being a balance between the primal maul which had the highest brute strength and was easiest to obtain but could only use Crush, and the primal spear which was primarily a Stab weapon but could also Slash and Crush, though not as well as the others.