Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing
- Tier 1 is located west of the grapple shortcut, requires level 93 Fishing and gives small crystal urchins.
- Tier 2 is located north of the grapple shortcut, near the fisherman, requires level 95 Fishing and gives medium crystal urchins.
- Tier 3 is located just north of the tier 2 spot, requires level 97 Fishing and gives large crystal urchins.
There is a bank chest on the tier 2 platform by the fisherman.
Experience that is gained from waterfall fishing is not affected by the Voice of Seren.
Using the following items and buffs will grant up to around 225,000-250,000 fishing experience per hour at level 99 Fishing:
- Fury shark outfit including the Fishing outfit
- Crystal fishing rod with Honed perk 4-5 and Furnace perk 3
- Supreme call of the sea aura
- Decorated fishing urn with an Urn enhancer
- Perfect juju fishing potion
- Superior whopper-baiting scrimshaw
- Granite lobster
- Clan xp boost 6 %
- Wise perk 3
- Handing in Large crystal urchin in the Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing Shop for 3k fishing xp per 300 points.
How to get there[edit | edit source]
Players must climb the handholds set into the rock face to reach the top of the waterfall. A grapple shortcut, requiring level 90 Agility, Ranged, and Strength, must be traversed in order to reach the fishing spots. A temporary boost such as an Overload will work. A Summer pie will boost 5 levels making level 85 Agility enough as well. Players will also need to bring a mithril grapple and crossbow, unless they have built the nearby hidey-hole, which requires a rune crossbow, mithril grapple, and 4 mahogany planks. The enhanced grappling hook, if stored on the player's tool belt, will also suffice. You may use temporary skill boosts to use this route.
Alternatively, players can teleport here by attuning a skilling portal in the Max Guild Garden to this location which will teleport them to the tier 2 platform next to the bank chest. This requires at least one skill with level 99 or the quest point cape to access the Garden and 90 Agility, Strength and Ranged to use the teleport. Boosts cannot be used to tune the portal, even if you would otherwise be able to boost your levels to access the waterfall normally.
Players can also purchase Waterfall fishing teleports from the reward shop (for 300 urchin points) which can be used to teleport to the top of the waterfall near the bank chest. Using these teleports does not require 90 Agility, Strength or Ranged.
Points and distractions[edit | edit source]
The urchins obtained from fishing count as crystal urchin points which in turn can be spent on rewards from Mhistyll's Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing Shop. Small urchins are worth one point, medium urchins two points and large urchins are worth three points each.
Big Urchin[edit | edit source]
When a big urchin appears, players must pull a big urchin out of the water together. Players who manage to pull it out of the water are awarded 300 experience in Fishing and Strength, along with 30 small crystal urchins, 20 medium crystal urchins, and 10 large crystal urchins, equivalent to 100 crystal urchin points.
Leaping Urchin[edit | edit source]
The leaping urchin event consists of leaping urchins that players can try to catch. When the urchins appear, a player has to click it in time to catch it to get a certain amount of small, medium or large urchins. This will also yield 300 experience in Agility and Fishing.
The possible rewards for catching one are:
The total being equivalent to 100 crystal urchin points.
Geyser[edit | edit source]
When a geyser appears, it sprays stacks of crystal urchins around the waterfall area which can then be picked up. Small, medium and large urchins appear in stacks of 1–14 at random.
Fishing benefits[edit | edit source]
- The Hermit crab is a pet that may rarely be caught while fishing crystal urchins.
- Prawn balls and prawn crackers can be obtained at all fishing spots on top of the waterfall
- Golden fish eggs for the crystal urchins cannot be obtained
- The levels to access the waterfall and the Fishing level can be boosted
- Building the hidey-hole requires the same levels as to access it and it can also be boosted to make it
- Dwarven instinct aura does work
- Decorated fishing urns do work
- Strange rocks can be obtained
- Access to the Fish Flingers minigame
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 21 May 2018 (Update):
- An item to teleport to the Elf city waterfall fishing area has been added to Mhistyll's shop.
- ninja 17 July 2017 (Update):
- The click zone has been enlarged on the fishing spots at the Prifddinas waterfall.
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to place certain objects, such as Achievement banners, down in the Waterfall fishing area.
- patch 7 December 2015 (Update):
- Fixed a typo when examining hand holds near the Prifddinas waterfall.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The idea was suggested on RuneLabs.