Priest in Peril
|Priest in Peril (#54)|
|Release date||29 June 2004 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||James B|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Priest in Peril is the first quest in the Myreque quest series. It was previously required to enter the region of Morytania. At the command of King Roald, the player must head to the temple of Paterdomus to aid the monk Drezel with recovering the temple.
Official description[edit | edit source]
|“||Recently, contact has been lost with the Temple of Paterdomus on Misthalins' eastern border.
King Roald would be very interested to know what has caused this lack of communication, and seeks an adventurer willing to report back to him on the situation.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||King Roald in the Varrock Palace.|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat|
A missing monk[edit | edit source]
Start the quest in the Varrock palace by greeting King Roald. He tells you that he has lost contact with a monk, who goes by the name of Drezel and is at the Paterdomus. The king wants you to go check on him and return with any information about the temple.
The temple on the Salve[edit | edit source]
Follow the path out of eastern Varrock to the north-east until you find the musician and then head east to reach the temple located near the entrance into Morytania from Misthalin. Click on the temple door and select "Knock". An unidentified person claiming to be Drezel from inside the temple will ask for help killing the dog nearby. Tell him you will, climb down the Mausoleum entrance north of the temple, and then kill the level 33 Cerberus. A ring of recoil kill will not count for the completion of this battle unless some damage from a weapon is inflicted before it is killed.
After defeating the dog, go back to the temple and knock again. You will hear the voice from earlier but with a tinge of laughter, telling you to speak to King Roald.
Head back to Varrock Palace and talk to King Roald again. King Roald becomes enraged and explains that the "dog" was guarding the temple from attack from the vampyres and other monsters in Morytania. He instructs you to go back and fix the problem right away.
Team Zamorak[edit | edit source]
Once you reach the temple, you will be able to open the door and see that it has been vandalised and taken over by monks of Zamorak. Go to the top floor, where you find the monk, Drezel, behind bars. Talk to him through the cell door to get to know about the situation in Paterdomus. Drezel starts to tell you about the River Salve and how it was blessed by Saradomin to prevent evil from passing over it. As the river is slowly being corrupted by the evil creatures, Drezel requests you to save the temple and restore Saradomin's presence over it. Drezel will tell you that he can't leave with the vampyre still there and tells you that the water from the river might be able to temporarily seal the vampyre's tomb.
Go back outside the temple and climb down the ladder into the Mausoleum again. With the golden key and bucket, go through the gate where the Guardian dog Cerberus was located earlier. After traversing the path, you will see some monuments. Study them; you will notice one of them has an iron key in it. Use the Golden key on the monument to swap keys (If you "Take-from monument" a powerful force will prevent you from taking the key and you will take damage equal to 10% of your current life points). Go to the well in the centre of the circle of monuments and fill your bucket with the water from the river to get a bucket of water.
Saradomin's blessing[edit | edit source]
Now return to Drezel. Use the key you got in the Mausoleum on his cell door and enter it. He will then bless the bucket of water that you filled earlier and give it back to you. Use it on the coffin to seal the vampyre. Drezel will then tell you to meet him in the Mausoleum.
Go back to the monument room and talk to Drezel. He will tell you that the river is still being corrupted. Drezel suggests using the power of a magical rock, the rune essence, to remove the Zamorakian magic and purify the river once again. Talk to Drezel again to give him rune essence. You'll need 50 essence or 25 pure essence; the essence cannot be noted.
You can do it with multiple trips, use runecrafting pouches, or use a wicked hood to save space; however, the hood needs to be charged with at least 50 rune essence or, after feeding it an omni-talisman or omni-tiara, 25 pure essence.
When you have given Drezel all the essence, the river will be re-purified and the quest is complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 1,406 experience lamp
- The blessed Wolfbane dagger
- Talk to Historian Minas at the Varrock Museum to receive 5 Kudos
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Priest in Peril ( 0) – Complete this Novice quest.
- Morytania achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Priest in Peril is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- All Fired Up
- Animal Magnetism
- Creature of Fenkenstrain
- Desert Treasure
- Ghosts Ahoy
- Haunted Mine
- Making History
- Nature Spirit
- Rum Deal
- 'Phite Club
- A Clockwork Syringe
- A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains
- A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen
- A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift
- A Void Dance
- Back to my Roots
- Cabin Fever
- Children of Mah
- Crocodile Tears
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Defender of Varrock
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Devious Minds
- Dimension of Disaster
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dimension of Disaster: Defender of Varrock
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Fate of the Gods
- Garden of Tranquillity
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Hopespear's Will
- In Aid of the Myreque
- In Memory of the Myreque
- In Search of the Myreque
- Kennith's Concerns
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Lair of Tarn Razorlor
- Legacy of Seergaze
- Love Story
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Meeting History
- Full completion of Missing My Mummy
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One Foot in the Grave
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Pieces of Hate
- Plague's End
- Quiet Before the Swarm
- Rag and Bone Man/Wish list
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing the Lumbridge Sage
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Rocking Out
- Salt in the Wound
- Sliske's Endgame
- Swan Song
- Tales of Nomad
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Curse of Zaros
- The Darkness of Hallowvale
- The General's Shadow
- The Great Brain Robbery
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys
- The Mighty Fall
- The Slug Menace
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Void Stares Back
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Wandering Ga'al
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 6 November 2017 (Update):
- This quest now awards an XP lamp instead of direct XP on completion.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- The interface and borders from the mausoleum statue interfaces used in Priest in Peril have been updated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the release of the Morytania achievements on 27 March 2012, Priest in Peril used to be a requirement to enter Morytania, but this is no longer the case. The same update renamed the temple guardian to Cerberus and his replacement to Lycurgus.
- In the monument room there are several gold items (pot, hammer, tinderbox, feather, needle and a candle) which you can take if you put the right item there; however, you can't sell or use them and they're un-obtainable after talking to Drezel in the monument room.
- The player character will still say they don't know of the temple on the banks of river Salve even if they have been to it.
|Part 1 of the Myreque quest series|
|Lores and Histories|
|Removed or significantly changed|
|Italics denote that the quest was demoted to a miniquest.|