|Prayer renewal (1)|
|Release||6 September 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||66 coins|
|Low alch||44 coins|
|Exchange||2,681 coins (info)|
|1 dose of prayer renewal potion.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
These are created by using Clean fellstalk and Morchella mushroom with a Vial of water. This awards 190 Herblore experience. If making the potion in Morytania with the elite Morytania achievements completed and wearing Morytania legs 4, players have a 20% chance of making a 4 dose instead of 3 dose potion.
They may not fully substitute prayer potions due to their delayed effect, but they restore many prayer points over time, more than any instant-restore prayer potion. The amount is about 25%-65% more than a super prayer potion (the disparity is less at higher prayer levels). Hence, they are useful in any situation requiring prayer.
Prayer points are restored one at a time over 6 minutes. The rate of restore and total points restored per dose rises with Prayer level. Drinking another dose while the effect is active only refreshes the timer to 6 minutes, wasting the remaining time of the previous dose. Drinking other prayer restoration potions will not affect this potion's effects. Carrying a holy wrench in the inventory increases the total prayer points restored (30 more at level 99 Prayer), over the same duration.
The effect timer depletes while logged out. While logged out, players do not gain prayer points.
Price per dose[edit | edit source]
|Item||GE price||Price per dose|
|Prayer renewal (1)||2,681||2,681|
|Prayer renewal (2)||3,336||1,668|
|Prayer renewal (3)||5,449||1,816|
|Prayer renewal (4)||7,985||1,996|
|Prayer renewal flask (6)||16,533||2,756|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|190 XP||-||2 (1.2s) / 1 (0.6s) [recipe 1]||5,449|
|Fellstalk potion (unf)||1||8,732||8,732|
- ^ When mixing a single potion
Flask[edit | edit source]
Prayer renewal strategy[edit | edit source]
Consider Super prayer renewal potion. It is more effective and may even be more economical. At 99 Prayer, price to restore each prayer point is 3.66 coins for Renewals and 2.03 coins for Super renewals.
The prayer renewal potion (or flask) is useful in situations where the player will be using prayer points constantly or frequently, such as using protection or deflection prayers around aggressive foes. Prayer renewals are useful in situations where the player must restore a large amount of prayer points without banking, such as in the Fight Kiln.
The prayer renewal potion is, by itself, less useful in situations where the player needs to regain many prayer points quickly, as its effects dribble in over five minutes. For example, players using multiple powerful prayers at the same time (like a protection/deflection prayer along with Piety/Turmoil) will drain prayer much faster than the potion can renew it. However, using this potion along with other prayer-gaining potions (or flasks) can be useful, such as a Prayer potion, Super restore potion, or Super prayer potion. The prayer renewal potion gives a steady stream of prayer points, while the other potion is used to top off prayer points when needed. Prayer potions are typically used as the adjunct potion, as super restore potions are expensive while super prayer potions are untradeable and thus used only by players with high-level Herblore skills. Super restore potions are useful in situations where the player needs to periodically restore stats in addition to prayer, such as when players also use Saradomin brews.
A good use for them is with the Amulet of Zealots, as they will compensate for the -5 Prayer bonus it has.
Some players drink prayer renewals in conjunction with overloads when fighting boss monsters. Both potions work for six minutes, and the prayer renewal's thirty-second warning will also indicate that the overload is about to run out. The holy overload, due to it being a combination of the two potions, has this effect.
Production costs[edit | edit source]
|Clean fellstalk||Morchella mushroom||Vial of water||12,464||-7,015||-36.73|
|Grimy fellstalk||Morchella mushroom||Vial of water||13,233||-7,784||-37.46|
|N/A||Morchella mushroom||Fellstalk potion (unf)||13,777||-8,328||-43.83|
Prayer-restoring potions[edit | edit source]
|Potion||Herblore level||Points restored per dose||... at 99 Prayer||Restored over time||... at 99 Prayer||Overall points per item at 99 Prayer||Price per dose||Price per instant prayer point||Price per prayer point|
|Prayer potion||38||level × 2.5 + 70||317||-||-||1268||900.25||2.8||2.8|
|Prayer flask||38||level × 2.5 + 70||317||-||-||1902||1,961.33||6.1||6.1|
|Super restore||63||level × 2.5 + 80||327||-||-||1308||911.5||2.7||2.7|
|Super restore flask||63||level × 2.5 + 80||327||-||-||1962||2,009.83||6.1||6.1|
|Sanfew serum||65||level × 2.5 + 80||327||-||-||1308||1,582.5||4.8||4.8|
|Sanfew serum flask||65||level × 2.5 + 80||327||-||-||1962||3,160.67||9.6||9.6|
|Super prayer||94||level × 3.5 + 70||416||-||-||1664||4,754||11.4||11.4|
|Super prayer flask||94||level × 3.5 + 70||416||-||-||2496||5,683.17||13.6||13.6|
|Prayer renewal||94||-||-||level × 4.3 + 120||545||2180||1,996.25||-||3.6|
|Prayer renewal flask||94||-||-||level × 4.3 + 120||545||3270||2,755.5||-||5|
|Replenishment potion||87||level × 2.5 + 80||327||-||-||1962||3,293.39||10||10|
|Brightfire potion||94||-||-||level × 4.3 + 120||545||3270||3,637.44||-||6.6|
|Super prayer renewal potion||96||level × 2.5 + 70||317||level × 4.7 + 130.5||595||5472||1,852.33||5.8||2|
|Holy overload potion||97||-||-||level × 4.3 + 120||545||3270||21,838.56||-||40|
|Overload salve||97||level × 2.5 + 70||317||level × 4.7 + 130.5||595||5472||28,201.17||88.9||30.9|
|Supreme overload salve||99||level × 2.5 + 70||317||level × 4.7 + 130.5||595||5472||41,633.5||131.3||45.6|
|Spiritual prayer potion||110||level × 2.5 + 70||317||-||-||1902||4,461.83||14||14|
|Extreme prayer||117||level × 5.0 + 70||565||-||-||2260||5,274.67||9.3||9.3|
|Extreme prayer flask||117||level × 5.0 + 70||565||-||-||3390||6,203.83||10.9||10.9|
If a potion is untradeable the price of the ingredients is used instead. Prayer points needs to be rounded down after using the formulas.
Extra amounts[edit | edit source]
|With Holy wrench
||With Holy wrench and Reverence|
Tier 1: 327
Tier 2: 333
Tier 1: 347
Tier 2: 354
Tier 1: 337
Tier 2: 343
Tier 1: 357
Tier 2: 364
Tier 1: 428
Tier 2: 437
Tier 1: 449
Tier 2: 458
Tier 1: 598
Tier 2: 625
Tier 1: 628
Tier 2: 655
Tier 1: 582
Tier 2: 593
Tier 1: 602
Tier 2: 613
Super prayer renewal potion
Tier 1: 975
Tier 2: 1008
Tier 1: 1025
Tier 2: 1059
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Potions and flasks|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 29 February 2016 (Update):
- Resolved an issue where the prayer renew buff icon was vanishing from the buff bar after teleporting.
- patch 24 July 2012 (Update):
- Using an emote from Solomon's General Store, whilst the Prayer renewal potion effect is running, will no longer cause the player to temporarily go invisible.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The 4 dose version of this potion was sold for over 150,000 each during the first day of its release.
- The Reverence Aura increases the amount gained from one potion, but does not speed up the restoration rate.
- Previously, players would receive a warning message 30 seconds before their renewal potion runs out, but only if player's game messages are set to "all" and not "filter". This has been since fixed and now displays warning text in blue, even if game messages are set to "filter".
- Due to the timed nature of this potion, a great use for it is to remind players when to re-boost their combat stats back up with the super or extreme attack, strength, and defence potions.
- The effect of the potion can be taken into Daemonheim: drink a one dose potion, drop the empty vial, and enter the dungeon and when players use prayer inside Daemonheim the prayer renewal will continue to restore prayer.
- Wearing +28 prayer bonus equipment with 99 prayer and utilising the Protect Melee prayer while having the effects of a prayer renewal potion active, a player's prayer points will not decrease nor increase for 5 minutes. At level 75 Prayer players will need 42 prayer bonus equipment in order to not lose prayer points while having the effects of a prayer renewal potion active and the Protect Melee prayer on. If the Reverence aura is on, a player's prayer points can slightly increase. The same holds for Deflect Melee.
- The prayer renewal (4) has a very similar inventory image to the Hag's poison from The Feud.
- The potion still has the usage sound after the update on 31 January 2012.
- It is not recommended to make Fellstalk (unf) potions using the herb-water vial method for profit. Other herbs would be a much better choice.
- Prayer renewal potions have become a common way for high-level players to level Herblore, as they are relatively cheap to make, yet provide a large amount of experience. Due to this, prices may fluctuate sporadically.
- Prayer renewal potions are the only potions that do not have a shared buy limit with other doses unlike other potions.