|Release||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by the most pious of heroes.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Prayer cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Prayer skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Prayer hood from Brother Jered at the Edgeville Monastery by players who have achieved level 99 Prayer. Prayer capes are white in colour, and have a yellow-gold trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. The "operate cape" boost will have no effect if the player's prayer is not full when activated. The boost is also given as soon as the cape is worn.
Alongside the Herblore skill, the Prayer cape is one of the most expensive to obtain, with some players spending as much as 231,661,149 coins on 99 Prayer using frost dragon bones on a lit gilded altar.
Talking to Brother Jered gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Style||? (edit)||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Prayer cape's perk provides the effect of having two lit incense burners without having to light them, when offering bones on an altar in a player-owned house, and also acts like a first age cape if the player owns one.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, and the trimmed completionist cape and up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective expert cape of accomplishment. This can be done by using a cape of accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, and trimmed completionist cape, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Brother Jered||Edgeville Monastery||99,000||Coins||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Change prayer cape perk description to say offering bones instead of burning bones.
- update 6 August 2018 (Update):
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- The Prayer skillcape will now correctly boost the player's Prayer level by 1.
- patch 11 May 2015 (Update):
- Summoning, Constitution and Prayer skillcapes will no longer be de-equipped when the Boost function is used.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 203,296 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- There used to be a glitch where you could operate the skillcape when you had zero Prayer Points left, allowing you to use Redemption twice, or Redemption and Retribution. This bug has since been fixed.
- Like all skillcapes, when worn, it temporarily boosts the wearer's level by one. If the cape is equipped with full prayer points (990), it will boost prayer points by 10 to 1,000. Because prayer point boosts do not wear off on their own, the Prayer cape is the only skillcape that is capable of giving a permanent boost. However when unequipped, any points above 990, even from a different source, were lost. As of at the latest 4 September 2020 this is no longer the case.
- At one point in time the symbol on the Prayer cape (along with a few other skillcapes e.g. Herblore cape) was changed to have a blue circle around the icon, as well as the "Star" being changed itself. However many players complained and it was changed back soon after on 24 October 2012's Halloween update.