PrayEvil was an early form of Prayer that existed when RuneScape Classic was first released. It was the antithesis of PrayGood. Players who chose to be an adventurer started out with level 3 PrayGood and level 3 PrayEvil. While players could train the Prayer skills by burying normal bones (the only remains to exist initially), the skills had no actual function. PrayEvil was removed from the skill list on 10 May 2001 with the update lots of small improvements, which reorganized the skills list. Prayer would return on 24 May 2001 as a single unified Prayer skill. The new skill would take some of the old spells, as well as many new effects, which could be activated as toggleable Prayers.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 24 May 2001 (Update):
- The RuneScape magic system has been massively improved with the addition of lots of new spells. Magic can also now be used during combat! In addition to this there is also a new prayer system which lets you temporarily cast various effects on your character.
- Prayer skill released, replacing PrayGood and PrayEvil.
- The GoodMagic spells burst of strength and rock skin and the EvilMagic spell thick skin have been turned into the Prayers burst of strength, rock skin, and thick skin.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Devious MUD, it is probable the relevant skill was Prayers-Evil.
References[edit | edit source]