Portal (player-owned port)
|Release||11 December 2012 (Update)|
|Examine||A portal with a decorative motif.|
|doc • Talk page|
The portal inside the player-owned port is used to enter and exit the port.
Portal upgrades change the look of the portal both inside the port and outside in Port Sarim. These changes are cosmetic only and have no effect on the performance of the port. Buying a certain cosmetic style does NOT unlock it for unlimited use. For example, if the Ornate Portal is purchased for 250 bamboo and then the portal is switched back to the Standard Portal design, it will cost 250 bamboo once again to switch back to the Ornate Portal design. This upgrade does NOT affect the Port Upgrades score in the Captain's Log.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 October 2018 (Update):
- Players will now correctly return to the expected Player-owned Port portal entrance when they use the Exit function at their exit portal.
- patch 20 April 2015 (Update):
- A full-stop has been added at the end of the Player-Owned Ports mystic portal examine.
- ninja 26 January 2015 (Update):
- Exiting your port via the portal can be done with just one click.
- The exit portal is no longer active during random events.
- patch 11 June 2013 (Update):
- A hole that formed near the Player Owned Ports portal has been filled in.
- update 11 December 2012 (Update):
- Standard, Ornate, Nautical, Mystic, Skeletal, and Jade portals added to game with Player-Owned ports.
- Those of you with level 90 in at least one of Fishing, Herblore, Prayer, Runecrafting, Thieving or Slayer (as well as RuneScape membership) can take ownership of your very own port town, accessed via a portal at the north end of Port Sarim.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to the Dev Blog for The Arc and the Legendary portal's examine text, the dragon on top of the Legendary portal is Seiryu the Azure Serpent.