A Portal is a form of transportation that enables players to teleport between two places. Unlike ordinary teleports, portals can only be used at a fixed location and they can be used an unlimited number of times.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Construction[edit | edit source]
- House portals take you to a player-owned house.
- Exit portals are the exit from a player-owned house.
- Portal Chambers contain up to three portals with seven possible destinations: Lumbridge, Camelot (Seers' Village), Ardougne, Kharyrll (Canifis), Falador, Varrock, and Yanille (Watchtower).
Hunter[edit | edit source]
- Nyriki's portal sends players to Nyriki's location.
- Green salamander portal sends players to a private Green salamander hunting area.
- Carnivorous chinchompa portal sends players to a private Carnivorous chinchompa hunting area.
- Pawya portal sends players to a private Pawya hunting area.
- Polar kebbit portal sends players to a private Polar kebbit hunting area.
- Grenwall portal sends players to a private Grenwall hunting area.
Magic[edit | edit source]
There are three portals on the top floor of the Wizards' Guild.
- The East portal sends players to the Wizards' Tower south of Draynor Village.
- The South portal sends players to the Dark Wizards' Tower west of the Falador.
- The West portal sends players to the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village.
Mining[edit | edit source]
- The Rune Essence mine has four exit portals.
Runecrafting[edit | edit source]
- The Abyss contains a portal to every Runecrafting altar except the Ourania Runecrafting Altar.
- The mysterious ruins are portals to the Runecrafting altars.
- There are three portals in the Wizards' Tower that go to the Runecrafting guild and the bottom and middle floors of the Runespan.
Dungeoneering[edit | edit source]
- A group gatestone portal could be found in the starting room during Dungeoneering in Daemonheim with a sufficiently high complexity level.
- Three portals in Castle Wars transport players to the waiting rooms. There are also two portals in the waiting rooms that allow for exit.
- The Vinesweeper minigame has an exit portal.
- The Pest Control minigame features four monster portals that players aim to destroy.
- The entrance to the Runespan, Runecrafting Guild and The Great Orb Project is a portal found at Wizards' Tower.
- Soul Wars has an entrance portal south of Edgeville and a matching exit portal, as well as a green portal that puts the player on the team with fewer players.
Random events[edit | edit source]
The following Random events used to use portals as a way of exit.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- In Recruitment Drive, portals are used to proceed through rooms.
- In Meeting History, players discover the Portal of Life and an invisible portal to travel in time.
- In Land of the Goblins and The Chosen Commander, a portal made by rigging a fairy ring teleports to and from Yu'biusk.
- Underneath Entrana, a one-way portal takes players into level 28 of the Wilderness.
- There are several portals in the quest Spirit of Summer that the player uses to switch between the ghost world and the real world.
- During The Death of Chivalry, a portal is created via a ritual in the highest tower of the Black Knight's Fortress, leading to the Tomb of the Fallen.
- A portal is used during The Chosen Commander to exit from Bandos' Throne Room.
Other[edit | edit source]
There are other portals scattered throughout RuneScape.
- The Interdimensional portal on the top floor of Draynor Manor takes players to the plane where Killerwatts are.
- The Stronghold of Security contains four portals allowing for faster travel.
- The 2007, 2009 and 2010 Hallowe'en events use a Dark portal as an entrance to the Grim Reaper's house.
- The Spider Realm can be accessed by players with the use of a portal.
- The World Gate is the portal through which many races entered Gielinor in the first age.
- The Flames of Lloigh-enn are the pair of torches that players formerly saw on the bottom corners of the login screen.
- The Chaos Tunnels contain about 165 portals allowing players to move through the various rooms.
- The portal in the Clan Camp leads to Clan Citadels.
- A customisable portal in Port Sarim by the bar gives the player access to a Player-owned port.
- A portal appears upon activating the explorer's aura, leading to resource and monster caves.
- The D&D portals that feature in the Summer Beach Party