|Release||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You can't reclaim it!|
|Backpack||Deploy, Extend existing, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept|
|A portable fletcher, for your on-the-go fletching needs.|
|Exchange||12,301 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
- an additional 10% experience boost
- a 10% chance to save logs when Fletching bows up to elder logs; this effect also applies when Fletching Protean logs.
- a 10% chance to save arrowheads and headless arrows when making arrows.
- a 10% chance to save unfinished bolts and feathers when making bolts.
- a 10% chance to save unfinished darts and feathers when making darts.
- a 10% chance to save the bolts when adding tips. This includes all bane ammunition, ascension shards, broad arrows, and adding gem bolt tips to Bakriminel bolts.
- a 10% chance to string two bows or crossbows at once with the message: " ".
- a 10% chance when building unstrung crossbows to build two at once.
Any materials saved will automatically be banked with the following message: protean logs). Which fletching screen opens depends on the items in a players inventory. For example, when selecting the fletch option with a protean log in the players inventory, it will open the protean log Fletching interface, while a magic log would open the fletching inventory interface displayed when fletching a log.or " ". This occurs even if there's space in the inventory (e.g.
Some Fletching items such as Bolas, Brutal Arrows, Kebbit bolts, and Sagaie are not recognised and while the interface can be opened with the help of other items, the portable fletcher will not save ingredients nor give bonus experience for fletching these items.
The right-click option to "Configure" the portable fletcher will allow the player to change the left-click option, removing the need to always right-click to select the desired fletching method. This can knock off 1-2 seconds per inventory while training.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|* indicates a server might be busy|
Locations courtesy of Portables FC discord server
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Huge portable skilling pack||N/A||24||Always||N/A|
|Large portable skilling pack||N/A||15||Always||N/A|
|Medium portable skilling pack||N/A||12||Always||N/A|
|Small portable skilling pack||N/A||9||Always||N/A|
|Tiny portable skilling pack||N/A||6||Always||N/A|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Corrupted magic logs will no longer need to be manually used on a portable fletcher.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- It is now possible to fletch Black stone arrows on a portable fletcher.
- patch 29 January 2018 (Update):
- Portable fletchers now default to the 'Tip Bakriminel Bolts' section of the make-x interface.
- patch 5 February 2018 (Update):
- On the rare occasion that the Fletching skillcape perk strings a bow for free while using a portable fletcher, which also makes an additional bow, both items are now sent to the bank.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- It is now possible to extend time of existing portables by using the 'Extend Portable' option on your Portable Object.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Added a configure option to portable braziers, portable crafters and portable fletchers.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- The portable fletcher bonus now functions correctly when tipping bolts.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Fletching challenges will now increment correctly when double stringing using a portable fletcher.
- patch 14 September 2015 (Update):
- The Portable Fletcher will now correctly save magic logs when fletching shieldbows.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There was a bug where stringing two bows at once only counted as one for a stringing bows daily challenge. This appears to be fixed.
- While having a protean log in your inventory, the portable fletcher will only show the protean fletching interface.
- Sometimes, making bolts does not work with the fletcher. To fix it, right click and select the ammo option.
- As of 6 June 2016, checking the duration of a portable skill station will no longer interrupt skilling actions. This action can also be done remotely.
- It is only required to use the Fletcher once to gain its bonuses, after which as long as the player is standing next to the Fletcher the player will continue to get the bonuses it offers (making it slightly easier using keyboard shortcuts).
|Portable skilling packs|