|Release||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You can't reclaim it!|
|On death||Always kept|
|A portable crafter, for your on-the-go crafting needs.|
|Exchange||38,223 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The portable crafter is a portable skilling station obtainable from Treasure Hunter or portable skilling packs. When used, it offers a 10% experience boost, a 10% chance to save 1 hide or clay per item crafted, a chance to save an unfired clay item when firing it, and a 5% chance to save a gem when cutting them (excluding onyx and hydrix). When this happens, the message: " " appears when you have space. Otherwise, it will be sent to the bank. It can also tan hides, for the same cost as a standard tannery.
When deployed, a portable crafter lasts for five minutes before disappearing. However, any player may add more portable crafters to the already existing one to prolong its time, up to a maximum of 60 minutes.
Left-clicking "Craft" on the crafter will yield the message stating you don't have anything to craft for some items. In this case, simply use the item on the crafter. However, as with all portables they can be configured to change the left-click option.
If the crafter is used and you are in its immediate vicinity then you will still receive all bonuses if you craft from the inventory.
The crafter works with the following:
- Clay items
- Gems (semi-precious gems, e.g. opals work) (Cutting but not making in to jewellery.)
- Protean hides
- Molten glass
- Crystal glass
- Robust glass
Locations[edit | edit source]
|* indicates a server might be busy|
Locations courtesy of Portables FC discord server
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- It is now possible to extend time of existing portables by using the 'Extend Portable' option on your Portable Object.
- patch 19 June 2017 (Update):
- Portable crafters will now default to the correct type of battlestaff being crafted.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Added a configure option to portable braziers, portable crafters and portable fletchers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of 6 June 2016, checking the duration of a portable skill station will no longer interrupt skilling actions. This action can also be done remotely.