|Release||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You can't reclaim it!|
|Backpack||Deploy, Extend existing, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept|
|A portable crafter, for your on-the-go crafting needs.|
|Exchange||5,070 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The portable crafter is a portable skilling station obtainable from Treasure Hunter or portable skilling packs. When used, it offers a 10% experience boost, a 10% chance to save 1 hide or clay per item crafted, a chance to save an unfired clay item when firing it, and a 5% chance to save a gem when cutting them (excluding onyx and hydrix). When this happens, the message: " " appears when you have space. Otherwise, it will be sent to the bank. It can also tan hides, for the same cost as a standard tannery.
When deployed, a portable crafter lasts for five minutes before disappearing. However, any player may add more portable crafters to the already existing one to prolong its time, up to a maximum of 60 minutes.
Left-clicking "Craft" on the crafter will yield the message stating you don't have anything to craft for some items. In this case, simply use the item on the crafter. However, as with all portables they can be configured to change the left-click option.
The portable crafter has a 3x3 area of effect after being used for the first time and the player will receive all its bonuses to craft from their inventory without needing to reclick on the same portable. This effect will end when the portable disappears or the player clicks on a different portable type.
The crafter works with the following:
- Clay items
- Gems (semi-precious gems such as opals work; gems can be cut but not made into jewellery)
- When used with a Crafting cape, the first uncut gem the crafting cape triggers on can trigger the portable crafter and crystal chisel effects, however, any additional uncut gems that are cut by the capes perk lose out on the chance to be saved by a portable crafter and duplicated by a crystal chisel.
- Protean hides
- Molten glass
- Crystal glass
- Robust glass
Locations[edit | edit source]
|* indicates a server might be busy|
Locations courtesy of Portables FC discord server
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Huge portable skilling pack||N/A||8||Always|
|Large portable skilling pack||N/A||5||Always|
|Medium portable skilling pack||N/A||3||Always|
|Small portable skilling pack||N/A||2||Always|
|Tiny portable skilling pack||N/A||1||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- It is now possible to extend time of existing portables by using the 'Extend Portable' option on your Portable Object.
- patch 19 June 2017 (Update):
- Portable crafters will now default to the correct type of battlestaff being crafted.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Added a configure option to portable braziers, portable crafters and portable fletchers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of 6 June 2016, checking the duration of a portable skill station will no longer interrupt skilling actions. This action can also be done remotely.
|Portable skilling packs|