|Release||13 July 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy your Treasure Hunter prize? You can't reclaim it!|
|On death||Always kept|
|A portable brazier, for your on-the-go firemaking needs.|
This portable has x minutes remaining. You can add additional portables to this to extend the duration.
|Exchange||39,042 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The portable brazier is an item obtainable from Treasure Hunter. When burning logs on it, a 10% base Firemaking experience boost is given, and there is a chance of 10% that the log will be saved while still granting full experience. This gives the message: " " The rate of adding logs is one log every 3.6 seconds (same as with bonfires). The brazier counts as always having the maximum number of people burning a bonfire on it, adding an extra 4% experience boost. Combined, the bonfire and portable boosts given by the brazier come to a 14.4% experience increase over burning the log on a bonfire with no other players. Like a bonfire, it will grant a life point boost, which activates upon adding one log, unlike bonfires which requires 5 consecutive logs. This lasts 66 minutes regardless of the type of logs used. It can be used for bone cremation as well, with no extra boost to the Prayer experience in comparison to burning bones on a bonfire.
Fire spirits can emerge when burning logs on a portable brazier and the message will still refer to it as a bonfire. However, the "add to bonfire" option on logs does not work with portable braziers.
As with all portable skill stations, portable braziers last 5 minutes before disappearing completely. However, players may add additional portable braziers to one currently deployed to extend their duration. Each portable extends 5 minutes up to a maximum of 60 minutes per portable station until requiring a new portable to be deployed.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|* indicates a server might be busy|
Locations courtesy of Portables FC discord server
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- It is now possible to extend time of existing portables by using the 'Extend Portable' option on your Portable Object.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Added a configure option to portable braziers, portable crafters and portable fletchers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A portable brazier's health boost refreshes with every single log. On the other hand, additional logs added after the fifth into a bonfire will not refresh the boost.
- On 13 March 2017, the "Check duration" option was removed and the remaining time can now be checked by examining the item.
- A portable brazier is deployed one space in front of where the player is currently standing, not underneath the player like a standard fire.