|Release date||23 April 2019 (Update)|
|Sells items||Vic's Store|
|Examine||A personal trader allowing you to exchange bonus XP for rewards.|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Portable Trader, also known as Portable Vic, is an NPC that can be spawned by players with a Trader summoning stone. He allows players to exchange bonus experience and provides the player access to Vic's Store for a period of one hour. The timer is paused if the player logs out.
The portable trader cannot be used by other players.
The portable trader cannot be spawned within a three tile radius of another player's trader or in a ten tile radius of Vic the trader. Only one portable trader can be spawned at a time, and he can be summoned almost anywhere that a summoning familiar can. The trader will despawn if the player gets too far away, but he can be summoned again for free as long as the trader's one hour timer is still ongoing. This is indicated by an icon in the player's buff bar.
Credit value[edit | edit source]
In comparison to Vic, the portable trader offers credits at 10/11 the costs in bonus experience:
|Initial 200 Credits|
Just like with Vic's xp/credit rates, the portable trader's rates also double every 200 credits purchased in a specific skill. When Portable Vic is summoned from a new Trader summoning stone the rates reset.
Store[edit | edit source]
The goods that the portable trader offers in their store is identical to what Vic offered in his store during his last visit.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- The Elite Woodcutting Outfit has been added to the portable trader's store.
- patch 29 April 2019 (Update):
- Wildcards, Dungeoneering tokens and the Shark, Ethereal and Gorajan outfit pieces are now purchasable for F2P via the trader store.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The portable trader spawns with a random name, including Adam, Alfonso, Bruce, Christopher, Cody, Gordon, Giorno, Doug, Ed, Edd, Emmet, Felix, Frank, Eddy, Jericho, Jessie, Joey, Jonathan, Joseph, James, Karoly, Kenny, Luken, Marty, Raiden, Riddick, Rossi, Tobias, Marshall, Matt, Edward, Curtis, Vincent, William, Zach, Leon, and Jeff.
- If a player attempts to use a trader summoned by another player they receive the message: