The exterior of the prison.
The Port Sarim jail is a top security prison located in Port Sarim, commonly referred to as the worst jail in Gielinor. Before the removal of Shantay passes, players used to be sent to the jail by Shantay if they twice refused to pay his fine of five coins after declaring to be an outlaw, though were able to escape quite easily by picking the lock or teleporting out. The Port Sarim lodestone in particular is only a few steps away from the exit.
Location of the Port Sarim jail in relation to Port Sarim
The Port Sarim jail is home to many criminals and outlaws, all standing in their cells on ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] looking bored, or hopefully rethinking their lives.
- The goblin Wormbrain, who must be spoken to in Dragon Slayer, to obtain map part (3) needed to sail to Crandor. Players have the choice of paying him 10,000 coins for it or killing him and using the Telekinetic Grab spell (level 33 Magic) to take it.
- A mugger.
- The former highwayman and random event, Rick Turpentine, is imprisoned in the jail. He takes jubilation if the mugger he is jailed with is killed.
- A pirate is found in his cell in the jail, waiting faithfully for the moment when he will rule the seas once again. He is roomed with Cap'n Hand, who breaks the fourth wall by telling players that his cellmate isn't much use for a conversation, seeing as he does not have a talk-to option.
- A thief.
- The former pirate and random event, Cap'n Hand, is imprisoned in the jail.
- Formerly in the ScapeRune random event, Prison Pete can now be found in the jail. He has strong fears of being re-abducted by Evil Bob.
- Watching over the jail is Guard Captain Roarkwin on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] along with a Security Guard and five attackable Port Sarim guards on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US], and three non-attackable guards on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US].
In July 2016, Port Sarim was invaded by Jed and the Skulls. They managed to seize many of the prisoners, leaving Prison Pete and Wormbrain. In response, the prison guards, led by Bennet, fought back and recruited adventurers to help man the cannon on the roof and make repairs.
- Prior to the rework, there used to be a lone jail guard, who sat on a chair asleep.