|Release date||28 November 2011 (Update)|
|Strongest monster||Ganodermic beasts, Ganodermic runts (level 112)|
|Inhabitants||Ramokee Skinweaver, Fungal monsters|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Polypore Dungeon is a very deep Slayer Dungeon located under an island in the River Salve, east of the Mage Training Arena and Exam Centre. It was created by a Ramokee Skinweaver who left her tribe because she was born into a role she did not want to fulfil. Out of boredom, she created the monsters that inhabit the dungeon using the local fungi.
Within the dungeon (four rooms north and east of the entrance) is a resource dungeon, which requires 82 Dungeoneering to access. Just south of the resource dungeon entrance lies an agility shortcut which leads to an extra part of the dungeon, requiring 73 Agility in order to use.
Navigating through the several floors is achieved by using the vines that are found on specific platforms on each floor. Stronger monsters are encountered as the player ventures deeper into the dungeon.
All the dungeon's inhabitants and monsters except for the infested axes and the skinweaver wear large skulls on their heads. This includes the merchant.
Location[edit | edit source]
The entrance to the Polypore Slayer Dungeon can be found on a small island located in the River Salve, between Mort Myre Swamp and Al Kharid. You can access it by:
- Using the fairy ring code BIP. This is the fastest way to get there if a player has died, assuming the player has a quick method to reach a fairy ring and does not need the Dramen staff.
- Using a Dig Site pendant and teleporting to the Exam Centre would be the second fastest. The entrance of the dungeon is just south-east of the Exam Centre. Alternatively, the Archaeology journal teleport brings you just a short distance away from the Exam Centre as well.
- Running north past the Mage Training Arena (along the east side) by Al Kharid. One of the quickest ways to get to the arena using the Duel arena teleport ability of a ring of duelling.
- Using a Mask of the Ganodermic to teleport to the bottom floor, very close to the Ramokee Skinweaver.
- Using a Dungeoneering Cape to teleport to the area (0,7).
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
The Ramokee Skinweaver who created the dungeon can be found on the bottom floor, perched on top of some mushrooms. On the top floor of the dungeon, near the entrance, is a merchant. He runs the Polypore Dungeon Supplies store, which sells mycelium web armour, and can also exchange items with players who bring him drops from the monsters of the dungeon.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
All non-magical attacks that hit the monsters of the dungeon are capped at 40 life points per hit; as such, Magic is the only way to kill them efficiently. They are also immune to weapon poison. Antipoison of all sorts and the Venomblood perk have no effect against their infestation attack.
|“||The creatures aren't vulnerable to any specific type of spell. Use whatever you can afford.||”|
|— Mod Ash |
|Name||Picture||Level||Requirements||Floor location||Assigned by|
|Fungal rodent||26||1 Slayer||1 to 2||No-one|
|Infested axe||105||1 Slayer||1 to 3||No-one|
|Fungal mage||81||1 Slayer||1 to 3||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok|
|Grifolaroo||107||82 Slayer||1 to 3||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Grifolapine||103||88 Slayer||3||Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Ganodermic runt||112||95 Slayer||3 to 4 (bottom)||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal|
|Ganodermic beast||112||95 Slayer||4 (bottom)||Duradel or Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran|
The only monsters that will charge at you are the Grifolaroo, Grifolapine, and the ganodermic creatures. Usually, 2-4 Fungal rodents reside in a platform, 2-3 Fungal mages reside in a platform, 3-4 Grifolaroos reside in a platform, 4 Grifolapines reside in a platform and 3-5 Ganodermic runts reside in a platform to their respective platforms.
Using neem oil on monsters may yield flakes, polypore spores, grimy herbs and Herblore secondaries. It will also cause them to stop infecting the player with toxic fungus for 15 ticks. When used against Grifolaroos and Grifolapines, they will only attack with ranged until the fungus on their backs grow.
A tour of the dungeon[edit | edit source]
On each level map, the area in the centre is the main section. There are also two "side" sections in the dungeon; an Agility and Dungeoneering section. The Dungeoneering, Polypore Dungeon resource dungeon, section requires 82 Dungeoneering to access, and is located on the top floor, in between two platforms with fungal mages. The Agility section requires 73 Agility, which is boostable and is south of the resource dungeon entrance.
The maps show the typical arrangement of monsters on the platforms. However, monsters always tend to move away from their platforms. Such examples are Grifolaroos and Ganodermic runts that litter the middle floors, as they are seen wandering off to other platforms with other monsters.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Neem drupes grow on vines in three places in the main area of the first level dungeon. Two vines are on the platform containing Merchant and the dungeon's entrance. A third is at the end of the first floor near the rope that takes players to the second floor. The monsters found in the dungeon also drop neem drupes upon death.
With a mortar and pestle and a jug, neem drupes can be squished to make neem oil. When splashed against the fungal creatures, it will remove most of the fungus on them. This prevents them from infesting the player, and in the case for grifolic creatures, forces them to use ranged while the fungus is removed. Neem oil does not last forever and the fungal monster will regrow their fungus after some time has passed. While it hampers kill rates, splashing neem oil on fungal creatures will give various rewards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 October 2014 (Update):
- The bloom effect on the fairy ring next to the Polypore dungeon has been corrected.
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- The Polypore Dungeon no longer displays EoC damage multiplication hit splats in Legacy mode.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- The Agility Skill Advance Guide has been updated to show that 73 Agility is only required to enter an extra part of the Polypore dungeon.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- The Flash Powder Factory and Polypore Dungeon entries of the skill advance guide have been switched around.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is the largest dungeon in-game, said to be sixty times the size of Falador. There is no other dungeon that matches the size of the dungeon, unless one counts the randomly generated floors of 7+ in Dungeoneering.
- If players ask the Ramokee Skinweaver about the monsters, she will say that they had no mind, but only brute strength.
- When players move past a fungal growth, it shoots out spores. This does not affect the player by any means.
- On several platforms there are other fungal growths, although they cannot be interacted with by any means. The ones on the ganodermic platforms seem to be clusters of Polypore spores.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the dungeon's inhabitants would resume attacking the player upon their return to the same monster if they had abandoned the battle mid-fight previously.
- The various scenery could be a source of the native monsters that are dead, but being infested by fungi.
- Polypores are an actual group of fungi. which typically grow on trees and are hard and woody. One species is called Ganoderma, possibly causing the names of the Ganodermic Armour/monsters.
- This dungeon is the fifth location Philipe Carnillean appears after completion of the Carnillean Rising quest. He can be found by the Ramokee Skinweaver, and will grant the player a 10,000 experience lamp in any skill so long as they have 250 quest points.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, only the main dungeon was single combat, while the resource and agility dungeons were multi-combat. The multi-combat areas of the dungeon were popular with players aiming to harvest as many effigies as possible because of the Ganodermic beast's drop rate for effigies before the five effigy limit update.
- The dwarf multicannon used to be able to deal full damage against fungal monsters until the Evolution of Combat.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Mycelium web armour|