|Release||23 July 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|Stankers gives out these strange cocktails for free.|
|Exchange||478 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The chalice can be drunk by players. Despite its name, it does not actually poison the player. Its effects are random, but include:
- Temporarily boost Crafting, Fletching, or Thieving by up to 1 level.
- Temporarily boost combat ability (Attack, Strength, and Defence) by up to 4 or reduce it by up to 4.
- Heal or damage the player: healing players up to 490 life points or damaging them from 30 to 600.
Damage seems to be based on a percentage of the player's life points, at two levels: 5% damage and 60%. It also seems that player with a high amount of life points have lower chances of being damaged by drinking from the poison chalice.
This could be used similarly to nitroglycerine. After an update it cannot kill you as your health cannot fall below 5 from it.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Stankers hands you a glass of strangely coloured liquid...
- You drink the strange green liquid.
|You feel a little better.||Attack, Strength, and Defence go down by 1-4; Crafting up by 1|
|It has a slight taste of apricot.||No change|
|You feel a little strange.||Attack, Strength, Defence down by 1, Crafting up by 1|
|It restores some life points.||Heals some life points|
|You feel a lot better.||Heals life points; Thieving up by 1|
|Wow! That was amazing! You feel really invigorated.||Attack, Strength, Defence up by 4; Thieving up 0-1|
|That tasted a bit dodgy. You feel a bit ill.||Life points down by 30-50 (5%); Attack, Strength, and Defence down by 1-2|
|That tasted very dodgy. You feel very ill.||Life points down by up to 600 (60%); Attack, Strength, and Defence down by 3-4|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Stankers' Bronze Pickaxes||Coal truck mining site||Free sample||-||30|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Stankers and his poison chalice is based on a real-life friend of Mod Ash and the Gower brothers.
- When it heals it does not produce a healing hitsplat. If it is supposed to damage a player but cannot as they are already at too low health, it produces a "blocked" damage hitsplat.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 December 2018. (Archived from the original on 14 December 2018.) Mod Ash: "I met this old uni friend at a recent party: Stankers - also a friend of the Gowers, who named the coal truck operator after him back in @RuneScape Classic. They added the Poison Chalice drink to honour Stankers' hobby of inventing "cocktails" by that name and giving them out."