Player-owned port/Ship upgrades
Upgrades are not linked to a specific ship; once an upgrade is bought, it can be used on every ship. The costs and stats of each upgrade are listed in the tables below.
Suggested order of upgrades:
- 1. The Deck Items because there are two on each ship
- 2. The Ship's Hull - The Hull of Glory is the second ship item to buy in The Bowl after the Skeletal rudder. This is because the Golden Hull, available in The Skull, is the best Morale-boosting hull upgrade available through The Hook and The Scythe. In The Hook and in The Scythe, only combat-boosting and seafaring-boosting hull upgrades are available; therefore, the Golden Hull is the best morale-boosting hull available through the Skull, The Hook, and The Scythe.)
- 3. The Ram/Figurehead because they have comparatively small bonus
- 4. The Rudders - The influence of lower-level rudders is hardly noticeable, and the speed cap is low enough that a captain and crew member with Solidarity is a better investment.
- After reaching The Bowl, the rudder becomes more important due to long trip times, so buying the skeletal rudder first may be beneficial.
- After reaching The Shield, buying the Tengu rudder first can be beneficial as voyages to The Shield can take 13 hours 40 minutes at average ship speed. At maximum ship speed, voyages to The Shield will be completed in 10 hours 40 minutes, allowing the player to deploy two fleets of ships in under 24 hours. Thus, with the help of the Tengu rudder, up to eight standard voyages to The Shield can be completed in under 24 hours.
- The aforementioned two points depend on the free time available to the player. If they are unable to send a new voyage soon after a returning ship arrives, then buying a faster rudder is a waste of resources that could have been applied to more helpful ship upgrades.
Rams/Figureheads[edit | edit source]
Deck items[edit | edit source]
Hulls[edit | edit source]
Rudders[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Obsolete ship parts will now be hidden correctly when upgrades aren't bought in order.