|Release date||29 March 2016 (Update)|
|The duration of Sunshine and Death's Swiftness is increased by 25%, but they no longer deal periodic damage to your target.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Planted Feet is an Invention perk that causes the duration of the Sunshine and Death's Swiftness abilities to be increased by 25% but lose their damage-over-time effect (this is unaffected by switching weapons). It can be created in weapon gizmos.
Sunshine and Death's Swiftness (and abilities in general) can only be cast if the main-hand (or two-handed) weapon is of the same style as the ability. For example, Sunshine cannot be used whilst wielding any ranged main-hand weapon, even if wielding a magic off-hand. Sunshine can, however, be used whilst wielding a wand, regardless of the off-hand weapon's style.
|Ability||Duration[n 1][n 2]|
|Sunshine||30s (50t)||37.8s (63t)|
|Death's Swiftness||30s (50t)||37.8s (63t)|
Cost[edit | edit source]
The cost of Planted Feet is:
|Icons||Perk||Chance to obtain||Components||Total cost|
|Planted Feet||100% at any level||2||4,913,552|
|Planted Feet + Aftershock 1||100% at any level||2 3||25,896,381|
|Aftershock 4 + Planted Feet||52% at level 120 with Extremes||12 6||127,025,100|
Recommended usage[edit | edit source]
Planted Feet is most commonly placed on another weapon, which players switch to just before casting Sunshine or Death's Swiftness. This weapon is commonly known as a "Planted Feet switch" or "PF switch". Players will then switch back to their original weapon in order to do greater damage.
This is because it is more beneficial to use Aftershock 4 + Equilibrium 2 rather than Aftershock 4 + Planted Feet on a tier-90 or tier-92 weapon (although both perks are possible at present) and then switching to a "Planted Feet switch" weapon in order to gain the benefits of both Equilibrium and Planted Feet at one time.
If the player's mainhand weapon has Aftershock, it is recommended to also have Aftershock on the "Planted Feet switch" in the form of Planted Feet + Aftershock 1 as well so as to not lose any aftershock charges.
Recommended weapons for a "Planted Feet switch" are given as follows:
|Weapon||Style||Recommended||Pros & Cons|
|Sunspear||Ranged & Magic
|Wand of the Cywir elders
(cheaper: Virtus wand)
(or: Kalphite repriser)
(or: Kalphite rebounder)
(cheaper: Dark bow)
Sources[edit | edit source]
|Material||Rarity||Perk ranks with X materials|
|Standard Gizmo||Ancient Gizmo|
Suggested gizmos[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 March 2017 (Update):
- Sunshine's animation when used with the Planted Feet perk has been extended to match the active duration the perk.
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- The Planted Feet perk now has the effect that the duration of Sunshine and Death's Swiftness is increased by 25%, but they no longer deal periodic damage to your target. This effect is not cancelled by switching weapon while Death's Swiftness or Sunshine are in effect, and Planted Feet no longer affects Berserk.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The perk's name refers to Sunshine's and Death's Swiftness's areas of effect the player must remain within in order to benefit from the abilities.
- Previously, Planted Feet had two negative effects. In exchange for extending Sunshine, Death's Swiftness, and Berserk's durations by 25%, it reduced their damage increases to 40% and decreased Sunshine and Death's Swiftness' damage-over-time effect to deal 8%-16% ability damage per hit. These negative tradeoffs could be avoided by activating the ultimate ability with a weapon with the Planted Feet perk and then switching to a different weapon. It was updated on 16 January 2017 to no longer affect Berserk and to remove the damage-over-time effect of Death's Swiftness and Sunshine when used, regardless of weapon switches.