A plain cooking urn can be created at 36 Crafting, by using a fire rune with a plain cooking urn (nr). It is used with the Cooking skill to help with gaining experience.
The urn is filled when the player has earned 4,750 Cooking xp with the urn in inventory.
Once the plain cooking urn is full, it becomes a plain cooking urn (full) and can be teleported to Ernie for 950 Cooking experience. The urn will give you 20% more xp if you cook with it.
The best place to make urns is in the Crafting Guild, which requires Level 40 Crafting or in Prifddinas. Otherwise, players may find it easy to complete in Gunnarsgrunn, Taverley or Burthorpe.
2 soft clay and 1 fire rune are required to fully make.
Steps to complete:
- Mine clay
- Use the clay on a water source to make soft clay. Which an be skipped if the clay was mined with a bracelet of clay
- Use the soft clay on a potter's wheel. You may need to use the drop down menu in the top left of the window to select the urn category.
- Use the (unf) urns on a pottery oven to fire them.
- Add a fire rune to the urn.
Beverages do not fill the plain cooking urns.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Renamed to Plain Urns to prevent some confusion with Daily Challenges. Was previously "Cooking urn".
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- The Make-x interface no longer shows that you will get Crafting xp after teleporting any of the cooking urns.
- patch 13 November 2012 (Update):
- We have improved the examine info on Cooking urns to avoid misinterpretation.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The teleport sound now plays after the correct duration.