A plague jacket is obtained during the Sheep Herder quest along with a set of plague trousers. It is bought during the quest for 100 coins from Doctor Orbon.
The full set, consisting of the jacket and a pair of plague trousers, grants access to the incinerator area north of East Ardougne. There's not much there except a respawn point of a cattleprod, which cannot be obtained without the set.
The plague jacket has thick elbow-length gloves already attached which cannot be removed, thus preventing players from being able to wear another pair of gloves.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 19 April 2011 (Update):
- The inventory icon has been re-coloured to match the worn version.
- When wearing the Plague jacket, player's hands will revert to the way they looked before the graphical update.
- The plague set looks almost identical to Mourner gear before its update. Unlike the Mourner gear, however, this, along with the plague trousers, cannot be used to enter the mourner hideout during and after Mourning's End Part II.
- This jacket was worn by Master Fisher before the graphical update on 23 March 2010. A recoloured version was also worn by Hajedy and Vigroy.
- Previously, plague jacket could not be obtained again if dropped after completion of Sheep Herder. This was changed with the release of Quest Point Shop, where it can be re-obtained at May's Quest Caravan after putting 150 quest points into the Hub Track.