Piscatoris Fishing Colony
|Piscatoris Fishing Colony|
|Release date||2 May 2006 (Update)|
|Teleportation||Use Spirit kyatt teleport to Piscatoris Hunter area, just south of the Summoning obelisks; fairy ring AKQ; Phoenix lair teleport and travel north|
|Points of interest|
|Inhabitants||Humans, Sea Trolls|
The Piscatoris Fishing Colony is on the north-western corner of Kandarin. It is accessible through a tunnel near the front gates once a player has completed the Swan Song quest (you need 101 quest points to start this). The colony once thrived on the monkfish industry but has recently come under attack from sea trolls, which has decreased the monkfish supply. Players get a chance to help the town during the Swan Song quest. After completing the quest, players may fish for monkfish at any of the five fishing spots along the colony's northern coast. The colony is a spot to fish for players capable of doing the quest due to the speed and experience associated with monkfish and the proximity to the bank. Tuna and Swordfish can also be harpooned at the colony, although it is used almost exclusively for fishing monkfish, as there are better places for catching the other fish.
[edit | edit source]
- - Kathy Corkat's boat. Takes the player from near the Eagles' Peak lodestone up the coast to the fishing colony.
- - Fairy ring code AKQ. Takes the player slightly south of the fishing colony.
- Phoenix Lair Teleport - Takes the player south-west of the fishing colony.
- Memory strand - Takes the player to the Memorial to Guthix, south-west of the fishing colony.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
Activities[edit | edit source]
Shops[edit | edit source]
Facilities[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
- - Net - two (2) locations. Two nets at the colony's northeast coast which periodically produce seaweed for the player to collect.
Other uses[edit | edit source]
The colony is occasionally used as a base by players using the other attractions of the Piscatoris region. Players who have completed Swan Song sometimes find the bank here useful to withdraw and deposit items. Players can find the following south of the colony: The Piscatoris Hunter area, one of the few hunting zones of RuneScape, a Summoning obelisk, which is located in a cave, and a nearby mine, which is notable for its three iron rocks right next to each other. This makes it an excellent spot for power mining. The Phoenix Lair, which features in the In Pyre Need quest and can be used once a day after the quest to fight the Phoenix for a considerable sum of slayer xp.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Herman Caranos, an experienced fisherman who founded, and now runs, the colony
Arnold Lydspor, a banker and storekeeper who is thought to have formerly been a barbarian
George Laxmeister, a talkative citizen of the colony who will gossip about his neighbours
Ramara du Croissant, a former Ardougnian baker who found her passion for fishing, abandoned her stall, and came to live in Piscatoris
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 August 2016 (Update):
- The cooking range at the Piscatoris Fishing Colony now has a Cook option and minimap icon.
- patch 25 September 2013 (Update):
- A graphical error on the small furnace in Piscatoris has been resolved.
- patch 21 August 2012 (Update):
- patch 14 June 2011 (Update):
- Some water near Piscatoris has had the heights levelled out to prevent dark lines appearing on the minimap.
- patch 19 July 2010 (Update):
- Kathy Corkat now appears in the correct places when travelling to Piscatoris.
- patch 10 February 2009 (Update):
- patch 15 October 2008 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Piscatoris is the Latin word for "of the Fishermen"
- Piscatoris could also be a reference to Lophius piscatorius, the Latin name for a species of commercially fished monkfish.
- There is a bronze pickaxe and hatchet on the ground inside the gate. They are unique to the player. Once looted by the player, they will not respawn.
|Part 1 of the Wise Old Man quest series|