Pikkupstix is the central character in the Summoning skill. The player may begin the Wolf Whistle quest by speaking to him. He runs the shop Pikkupstix's Summoning Shop alongside the Summoning skill tutor Magestix selling essential items such as spirit shards and pouches. He also sells the Cape of Achievement - Summoning, for 99,000 coins, provided that the player has 99 Summoning.
Bowloftrix claims that he is a walking disaster magnet, although he is never the target and his assistants suffer under whatever catastrophe he attracts. He appears to be quite oblivious to this fact and appears to have no regard for his assistants' well-being.
Additionally, Pikkupstix may tell players where to find his assistant Pikkenmix for the Familiarisation Distraction and Diversion.
He appears in the Fremennik saga Three's Company. He is kidnapped by Carn during an attack on Taverley, and is rescued by the Signature Heroes Arianne, Ozan and Sir Owen.
In one "busy week", Pikkupstix lost the following assistants:
- Stikklebrix - killed by white wolves
- Scalectrix - gone missing, but rescued
- Bowloftrix - almost cooked by trolls
- Lunatrix - went mad - ran out door with pants on head after communing with Elder Spirits
- Ashtrix - cut off hand - got saw in stump and panicked
- Spartrix - captured by Kinshra - killed in slave rebellion
- Beezeltrix - incident with smoke devil
- Felitrix - lost
- Hastrix - "The less said about Hastrix, the better!"
- Two twin druids - captured by trolls
Although there is no explicit mention that Soltrix was one of Pikkupstix's assistants, the fact he suffered from the rare condition of melty-brain syndrome suggest he might have been one as well from a time before the "busy week".
He runs Pikkupstix's Summoning Shop, alongside the Summoning skill tutor Magestix, selling essential items related to summoning, such as spirit shards and pouches.
|| Sell price
|| Buy price
|| GE price
|| Resale value
|Summoning cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Summoning hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (−96,000)|
|Summoning cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (−39,600)|
|Summoning master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (−48,000)|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- 24 January 2022 (Update):
- The "Talk-to" option on some NPCs has been renamed to "Talk to".
- ninja 28 November 2016 (Update):
- A right-click option has been added on Pikkupstix to find obelisks Familiarisation.
- patch 14 February 2012 (Update):
- Trying to give Pikkupstix a certain combination of quest items from Wolf Whistle now works correctly.
- patch 17 March 2009 (Update):
- Pikkupstix is a little livelier when he's standing around.
- His name is a play on "pick-up sticks".
- Like several other druids, his name ends with "-ix", is a reference to the Asterix comic books, where most of the Gauls have punny names ending in "-ix".
- Pikkupstix originally sold the Summoning cape via his store Summoning Supplies, but after the Troll Warzone update he no longer does so as the store and stock is shared with Magestix.
- For some reason, Pikkupstix wears a purple Slayer cape with green trim during Three's Company.
- Prior to an update on 4 June 2018, Pikkupstix could enchant helmets for them to hold summoning scrolls (combat scrolls only), provided the owner of the helmet had the required summoning level. Once filled ('charged'), the helmets gained a cyan colour. It should be noted that, while players could own multiple enchanted helmets, only one could be charged with scrolls at any given time; attempting to add scrolls to a second helmet resulted in the chat message, "You already have some charged headgear". The scrolls had to first be removed from the existing charged helmet before any could be added to another.