|Release date||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|Minimum level to be ranked||15 (as of 3 Jul 2022)|
|Players with 99||190,217 (as of 3 Jul 2022)|
|Players with 120||24,510 (as of 3 Jul 2022)|
|Players with 200M XP||7,197 (as of 3 Jul 2022)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Thieving is a members-only support skill that allows players to obtain coins and items by stealing from market stalls, chests, safecracking or by pickpocketing or blackjacking non-player characters (NPCs). This skill also allows players to unlock doors and disarm traps.
The current minimum requirement to be ranked (at approximately rank 869,924) on the Hiscores for Thieving is level 15. As of 03 July 2022, there are 190,217 current members that have achieved level 99 in Thieving. There are 24,510 current members that have achieved level 120 in Thieving.
Pickpocketing[edit | edit source]
This is the act of walking up to an NPC, right-clicking them, and then selecting Pickpocket. Successful pickpockets will result in Thieving experience and possibly coins or various items. The higher the thieving level, the more NPCs the player is able to pickpocket from.
You can make attackable NPCs have a left-click pickpocket option by going into the "Choose Option" Menu setting and change "NPC attack option" to Right-click or Hidden. This greatly speeds up pickpocketing. However, equipping a salamander without the tar needed or a (cross)bow without projectiles makes it impossible to accidentally attack an NPC.
The use of Crystal Mask gives +15% to pickpocketing chance for five minutes and gives a chance to not be stunned by NPCs on being caught for a pickpocketing attempt. Additionally, Light Form can be used along with Crystal Mask to double its effects.
However, it is possible for the NPC to notice a pickpocket, in which case the NPC will stun the player for a few seconds and cause damage. This damage is not classified as melee damage, and Protect from Melee or Deflect Melee do not prevent the damage. It is possible to die from retaliation alone.
The direction that the NPC is facing does not have any effect on the chance of success of the pickpocket.
If a player attempts to pickpocket an attackable NPC just before its death, the player thieving it will get a message saying: "Too late; they're dead."
Items that increase success are an Ardougne cloak (although the Ardougne cloak 1 and 2 enhance pickpocketing only in Ardougne), Gloves of silence or the Trahaearn exoskeleton set. Players with 62 or higher Summoning may choose to summon an Abyssal lurker familiar and use Abyssal Lurker scroll (Abyssal Stealth)s, which provide a +4 visible boost to Thieving.
The defensive ability Freedom can also be used to remove the stun caused by failing pickpocketing allowing one to move but not pickpocket sooner.
Thievable non-player characters[edit | edit source]
After completing the Lost Her Marbles miniquest from Buyers and Cellars, the loot from NPC's level 40 and below is increased. Men/Women have 20 coin drops, Farmers improve to several low level seed types (cabbage, marigold, tomato), and Master Farmers have an improved high-level seed rate.
|Man||1||8.0||8 ticks||10 lp|
|Woman||1||8.0||8 ticks||10 lp|
|Gullible tourist||1||29.5||8 ticks||40 + 3% of current lifepoints|
|Pompous merchant||1||8.0||8 ticks||10 lp|
|Foppish Pierre||1||8.0||8 ticks||10 lp|
|Farmer||10||14.5||8 ticks||10 + 3% of current lp|
|H.A.M. Member (female)||15||18.5||7 ticks||10-30 lp|
|Guard (H.A.M.)||20||22.2||7 ticks||10-30 lp|
|H.A.M. Member (male)||20||22.2||7 ticks||10-30 lp|
|Warrior woman||25||26.0||8 ticks||20 lp|
|Al Kharid warrior||25||26.0||8 ticks||20 lp|
|Cave goblin||36||40.0||8 ticks||10 lp|
|Master Farmer||38||43.0||8 ticks||30 lp|
|Guard (Varrock)||40||46.8||8 ticks||20 lp|
|Guard||40||46.8||8 ticks||20 lp|
|Fremennik citizen||45||65.0||8 ticks||20 lp|
|Bearded Pollnivnian bandit||45||65.0||8 ticks||20 lp|
|Menaphite marketeer||46||29.5||8 ticks||40 + 3% of current lp|
|Bandit (Kharidian Desert Bandit Camp)||53||79.4||8 ticks||30 lp|
|Bandit (Pollnivneach)||55||84.3||8 ticks||50 lp|
|Knight of Ardougne||55||84.3||8 ticks||~3.4-3.7% of remaining lp|
|Watchman||65||137.5||8 ticks||30 lp|
|Menaphite Thug||65||137.5||8 ticks||50 lp|
|Monkey knife fighter||70||150.0||8 ticks||20 lp|
|Paladin||70||151.8||8 ticks||30 + 3% of current lp|
|Gnome woman||75||198.3||8 ticks||~3% of current lp|
|Gnome||75||198.3||8 ticks||~3% of current lp|
|Gnome child||75||198.3||8 ticks||~3% of current lp|
|Hero||80||273.3||10 ticks||40 lp|
|Trader||90||556.5||8 ticks||10 lp|
Auto-pickpocketing[edit | edit source]
Certain NPCs, once a player has started to pickpocket, will continue to be pickpocketed without need for reclicking until the player is caught. Once noticed, the NPC can no longer be thieved from. With the exception of pickpocketing in the Wilderness, players may continue to pickpocket other NPCs in the area until they are noticed twice more.
Auto-pickpocketing is a set effect of the Master camouflage outfit, allowing up to 10 pickpockets from one click, which applies this affect to any non-player character, not limited to the ones within this section.
Wilderness[edit | edit source]
Rogues' Castle in levels 50-54 Wilderness is occupied by the following NPCs, which can be auto-pickpocketed. The pickpocket action automatically continues without needing to reclicking until the player is caught.
After the player has been caught once, they will not be able to pickpocket any more rogues on the castle floor for 2 minutes. During this time, their pickpocket option will disappear, and a red circle will appear above their heads. Players may pickpocket rogues on another floor of the castle during this time, which are governed by a separate cool down.
|Rogue Enforcer||62||35||0 seconds||N/A|
|Rogue Captain||92||125||0 seconds||N/A|
The Arc[edit | edit source]
After the player has been caught three times, they will not be able to pickpocket any more NPCs on the island for 5 minutes. During this time, their pickpocket option will disappear, and a red circle will appear above their heads.
|Waiko islander||86||40||0 seconds||N/A|
|Cyclops (Cyclosis)||88||42||0 seconds||N/A|
Prifddinas[edit | edit source]
Prifddinas is occupied by various workers that roam around the respective Clan districts of Prifddinas, who may be auto-pickpocketed. The pickpocket action automatically continues without needing to reclick until the player is caught.
After the player has been caught three times, they will no longer be able to pickpocket the NPCs from that respective Clan for 20 minutes (15 minutes when Totem of crystal is active); during this time, the workers' pickpocket option will disappear and a red circle will appear above their heads. However, an elf thieving reset token can be used to make the clan forget. Players may pickpocket workers from another Clan's district during this time, as each clan is governed by a separate cooldown.
The base experience rate is increased by 20% if the Voice of Seren is active in that worker's district.
|Iorwerth worker||91||125||0 seconds||N/A|
|Ithell worker||92||130||0 seconds||N/A|
|Cadarn worker||93||135||0 seconds||N/A|
|Amlodd worker||94||140||0 seconds||N/A|
|Trahaearn worker||95||145||0 seconds||N/A|
|Hefin worker||96||150||0 seconds||N/A|
|Crwys worker||97||155||0 seconds||N/A|
|Meilyr worker||98||170||0 seconds||N/A|
Pickpocketing multiple loot[edit | edit source]
At higher Thieving levels, players have the potential to steal additional loot from a single pickpocketing action, although experience is not increased for the additional loot.
|NPC||Level for 1x||Levels for 2x||Levels for 3x||Levels for 4x|
|H.A.M. Member (female)||15|| 25
|H.A.M. Member (male)||20|| 30
|Warrior woman||25|| 35
|Cave goblin||36|| 46
|Master Farmer||38|| 48
|Bearded bandit||45|| 55
|Desert bandit||53|| 63
|Pollnivnian bandit||55|| 65
|Menaphite Thug||65|| 75
Stalls[edit | edit source]
There are a number of market stalls throughout Gielinor which can be stolen from by the player with the appropriate Thieving level. When the item is stolen, it will take a period of time to respawn before the player can attempt to steal from the stall again.
When nearby guards or the stall owner sees someone thieving they may attack or prevent the player from stealing. Because of this, it is recommended that the player thieve from a side of a stall that is well hidden from the owner and guards. In order to avoid guards from attacking while stealing from stalls, a convenient method is to allow the guard to attack, enter the nearest building, take one step outside, and close the door, thus effectively trapping the guard.
Stall owners will not trade for about 20 minutes after the last theft from their stall type (except for the market stalls on Ape Atoll); otherwise, the merchant will shout for the guards. If a player carries the vial of stench (a), from the caper A Guild of Our Own, the stall owner will not recognise the player having stolen from them and will then buy stolen goods back from the player without a waiting period.
|Vegetable stall||2||2 seconds||10||1,800|
|Baker's stall||5||2.5 seconds||16||23,040|
|Ape Atoll general store||5||7 seconds||16||8,229|
|Tea stall||5||7 seconds||16||8,229|
|Crafting stall||5||7 seconds||16||8,229|
|Monkey food stall||5||7 seconds||16||8,229|
|Rock cake stall||15||7 seconds||6.5||3,343|
|Silk stall||20||8 seconds||24||10,800|
|Wine stall||22||7 seconds||27||13,886|
|Seed stall||27||11 seconds||10||3,273|
|Fur stall||35||15 seconds||36||8,640|
|Fish stall||42||8 seconds||42||18,900|
|Lamp stall||46||6 seconds||57.5||34,500|
|Crossbow stall||49||11 seconds||52||17,018|
|Silver stall||50||30 seconds||54||6,480|
|Customs evidence files||63||165 seconds||75||1,636|
|Magic stall||65||80 seconds||100||4,500|
|Scimitar stall||65||80 seconds||160||7,200|
|Spice stall||65||60 seconds||81||4,860|
|Gem stall||75||300 seconds||160||1,920|
Chests[edit | edit source]
There are chests scattered throughout RuneScape, and some of them have traps. To disarm them using the Thieving skill, right-click on the chest and select "Search for traps Chest" to allow for disarmament of traps and obtaining the items inside.
After a player thieves from a chest, there is a slight respawn time. Some chests such as the Nature-rune chest change colour to indicate whether it can be looted again.
Thievable chests[edit | edit source]
Without lockpick[edit | edit source]
|10-coin chest||13||7||10 coins||Ardougne, Rellekka, and Rogues' Den||7 seconds||1|
|Chest (Magic axe hut)||23||7.5||Various; see article||Magic axe hut||13.8 seconds||0.54|
|Ogre coffin||20||27||Various; see article||Jiggig||20 seconds||1.35|
|Nature-rune chest||28||25||Three coins, nature runes||Ardougne and Rellekka||21 seconds||1.2|
|50-coin chest||43||125||50 coins||Ardougne||55 seconds||2.3|
|Arrowhead chest||47||150||Five steel arrowheads, 20 coins||Hemenster and Rellekka||210 seconds||0.7|
|Blood rune chest||59||250||500 coins, two blood runes||Chaos Druid Tower||210 seconds||1.2|
|Paladin chests (2)||72||500||1,000 coins, raw shark, adamantite stone spirit, uncut sapphire||Ardougne Palace, behind locked doors in the north and south wings of the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]. After looting, "Suddenly a second magic trap triggers", sending the player to Witchaven (unless wearing Ardougne cloak 3 or 4, in which case they are sent to the northern-most bank in Ardougne).||400 seconds||1.25|
Lockpick required[edit | edit source]
|Chest||Level||Lockpick XP||Search XP||Items||Location||Respawn time|
|Dorgesh-Kaan Average Chest||52||200||0||Various; see article||Dorgesh-Kaan||210 seconds|
|Chest (Rogues' Castle)||65||300||60||4-243 coins, tiny plated steel salvage, medium plated steel salvage, one gold stone spirit, 2-5 blood runes||Rogues' Castle||600 seconds, resettable|
|Dorgesh-Kaan Rich Chest||78||650||0||500-2,500 coins, uncut sapphire, uncut ruby, uncut diamond, uncut opal, uncut jade, uncut red topaz, bullseye lantern, Mining helmet, Frog-leather armour, iron stone spirit, Light orb, Empty light orb, Cave goblin wire, Charms (all types)||Dorgesh-Kaan||400 seconds|
Doors[edit | edit source]
Certain doors in RuneScape cannot be opened by players unless the lock is picked. In order to pick a lock, right-click on a door and select "Pick Lock". If the player has the required thieving level, the door will then be opened. Some doors will require a lockpick to successfully pick the lock.
Pickable doors[edit | edit source]
Door Level Exp. Location Lockpick? Cell in Port Sarim Jail N/A N/A Port Sarim Door to 10-coin chest 1 3.5 East Ardougne Door to Nature rune chest 14 15 East Ardougne Ardougne house door 14 15 East Ardougne H.A.M. entrance 15 3.8 North-east of Lumbridge Magic axe hut door 23 25 Level 54 Wilderness Ardougne sewer gate 31 25 Ardougne sewers Pirates' Hideout 39 35 Level 54 Wilderness Chaos Druid Tower 46 37.5 North of Ardougne Paladin door 61 50 Ardougne Castle Yanille dungeon door 82 50 Yanille
Blackjacking[edit | edit source]
Safecracking[edit | edit source]
There are a number of safes scattered across RuneScape that can be cracked open after the completion of all of the Thieves' Guild capers. Doing so rewards players with Thieving experience, pilfer points, and several rewards that aid with training.
Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Useful items[edit | edit source]
Achievement diary rewards[edit | edit source]
Superior versions work in place of lower-tiered versions.
|Ardougne cloak 1||Reduces the chance of being caught when stealing from the stalls in Ardougne market.|
|Ardougne cloak 2||Reduces the chance of being caught when pickpocketing in Ardougne.|
|Ardougne cloak 3||Reduces the chance of being caught when stealing or pickpocketing anywhere in Runescape.|
Black ibis outfit[edit | edit source]
Black ibis outfit are an experience-boosting set that may be found during the minigame Pyramid Plunder. The set consists of four pieces - a mask, body, legs and boots - each piece provides a 1% stackable experience boost across the board, and wearing the full set raises this to 5% in total.
|Black ibis mask||1%|
|Black ibis body||1%|
|Black ibis legs||1%|
|Black ibis boots||1%|
Trahaearn exoskeleton set[edit | edit source]
Trahaearn exoskeleton set is a 4-part outfit made from Exoskeleton headband, Exoskeleton torso, Exoskeleton legs, and Exoskeleton bracers which, when worn completely, gives a 25% to avoid being stunned and damaged while pick pocketing or plucking the Desert Phoenix, a 25% chance to avoid being bitten when looting urns in Pyramid Plunder and a weight reduction of 2 kg per piece equipped (8 kg total). It can be worn instead of the Black Ibis outfit and Gloves of Silence for their bonuses if the player has unlocked them.
Camouflage outfits[edit | edit source]
Thieving yields Camouflage fragments after 70 Thieving. They are gained at five-minute intervals, with 45 to 55 received each time, for approximately 600 fragments hourly. The rate is doubled at 99 Thieving, tripled at virtual level 120, and quadrupled at 200 million experience.
At 80 Thieving and 20 Invention, the player can use 3600 fragments to manufacture a random camouflage piece among those that they do not own. With five pieces per outfit, one can expect to obtain the master camouflage outfit in about 90 hours. Once all pieces are obtained, it is impossible to manufacture any more.
All five pieces of an outfit must be worn to enjoy its benefits (this does not apply to the weight reduction benefit).
- Offers 5 daily teleports to thieving locations (if you have unlocked them): Prifddinas, Pyramid Plunder, the Consortium in Keldagrim, Lletya, Thieves' Guild, and Pollnivneach.
- 5% chance to double pickpocket.
- 5% chance to avoid being stunned when pickpocketing.
- 5% increased chance of not being bitten by snakes in Pyramid Plunder.
- Increased chance to pass doors in Pyramid Plunder.
- Increased chances of finding Black Ibis clothing (stacks with the Sceptre of the gods) and the Sceptre of the gods in Pyramid Plunder.
- Uses Black ibis outfit's bonus experience if owned, even while the set is in the bank or player-owned house.
- Uses Trahaearn exoskeleton set's effects if owned, even while the set is in the bank or player-owned house.
- Wearing camouflage hands gives the same benefits as Gloves of silence provided you own the gloves and meet the requirements to use them.
The Master camouflage outfit provides the same bonuses with minor improvements:
- Offers unlimited teleports (using the head piece) to thieving locations (if you have unlocked them): Prifddinas clan districts (Iorwerth, Ithell, Cadarn, Amlodd, Trahaearn, Hefin, Crwys, Meilyr), Pyramid Plunder, the Consortium in Keldagrim, Lletya, Thieves' Guild in Lumbridge, and Pollnivneach.
- Auto-pickpocketing up to a maximum of 10 times in a row.
- 7% chance to double pickpocket.
- 7% chance to avoid being stunned when pickpocketing.
- 7% increased chance of not being bitten by snakes in Pyramid Plunder.
- Increased chances of finding Seren symbol pieces.
Other[edit | edit source]
|Featherfingered necklace||Give a chance of not being stunned or damaged when pickpocketing.|
|Gloves of silence||Reduces the chance of being caught when pickpocketing. Requires a Hunter level of 54 to wear.|
|Cheeky monkey||Once per minute, prevents the player from being stunned or damaged when pickpocketing.|
|Vial of stench (a)||Allows the player to sell items to stall owners immediately after stealing from their stalls.|
Temporary boosts[edit | edit source]
|Yellow spicy stew||±6 with three spice doses
±3 with 2 spice doses
|Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Evil Dave||Can be boosted or reduced by one to six points randomly. Completion of Evil Dave's Big Day Out is advised for a guaranteed boost of two or higher|
|Poison chalice||+1||None||Has random effects of skill increase, combat stats increase/decrease, or heal/damage the player, see effects|
|Magpie scroll (Thieving Fingers)||+2||47||Requires that the magpie familiar is summoned.|
|Abyssal Lurker scroll (Abyssal Stealth)||+4||62||Requires that the abyssal lurker familiar is summoned.|
|Sourberry||+2||86||Grown by the player in The Arc.|
|Spring sq'irkjuice||+1||25||Obtained during the Sorceress's Garden minigame.|
|Autumn sq'irkjuice||+2||45||Obtained during the Sorceress's Garden minigame.|
|Summer sq'irkjuice||+3||65||Obtained during the Sorceress's Garden minigame.|
|Advanced pulse core||+7||None||In crowded training areas, you can benefit from other's pulse cores.|
|God banner||+2||God Emissaries - Skilling tasks||Can be activated once a day, for a 30 minute duration.|
|Thieving cape||+1||99||Notes all Thieving loot, and acts like an Ardougne cloak if the player owns one|
|Thieving master cape||120|
Random events (discontinued)[edit | edit source]
There were two different random events specific to Thieving, with one of them being removed at a much earlier date.
- Poison Gas - At one point in time, it was possible to activate a poison gas trap upon opening a chest. To avoid this, players would have to merely exit the room.
- Pillory - It was possible that a player's character would be teleported to a pillory in Yanille, Varrock, or Seers' Village, where shapes had to be matched in order to pick the lock and return to where the player was thieving. However, players could get it even when they were not thieving. It was possible for players to throw rotten tomatoes at the trapped player, although it wouldn't do any damage. The rotten tomatoes could be bought for one coin each and couldn't be bought while the player was in the cage.
- This replaced the Watchman, who would attack players who were thieving when the event occurred. He had the same level as all other hostile random events. He was replaced due to complaints that he would kill the player too quickly, as many would not wear armour while pickpocketing.
Thieving minigames[edit | edit source]
There are a number of minigames that are based on or include Thieving:
|Pyramid Plunder||Disarm traps and avoid snakes as you search an ancient pyramid for treasure.||Gives Thieving experience and treasures which can be sold for cash.|
|Flash Powder Factory||Dare you enter a factory of deadly traps, fiendish obstacles and devious puzzles? Will you make it around the factory using your Agility and Thieving in a limited time and claim the rewards?||Gives Brian points, which can be used to purchase rewards from Brian O'Richard to help you in future games.|
|Sorceress's Garden||Players attempt to sneak around watchful elementals guarding their gardens to pick Sq'irk fruits or herbs.||Farming and Thieving experience.|
|Stealing Creation||Harvesting sacred clay using Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting and Hunting. Whichever team gathers the most clay is the winner.||Gives Stealing Creation points, which can be exchanged for experience-boosting equipment and armour.|
|N/A||Heist||Siding with either the guards or the robbers. The robbers' goal is to trick the guards by taking the form of the locals in order to escape with loot. The guards' goal is to prevent the robbers from succeeding by accusing suspects and makings arrests.||Gives reward points, which an be exchanged for Thieving bonus experience, Hunter bonus experience, in-game perks and in-game levels.|
|N/A||Shifting Tombs||Raiding tombs with three main objectives: opening sarcophagi, looting treasure chests, and cleansing corruption.||Menaphos reputation, experience in selected skills, and a chance at various items.|
Strange rock[edit | edit source]
Although the examine text of the Thieving strange rock says "borrowed from a pocket", it can be obtained by picking pockets, safecracking, stealing from stalls, and stealing from chests. Strange rocks are used to construct the Dahmaroc statue in the Shattered Heart Distraction and Diversion.
Thieves' Guild[edit | edit source]
The Thieves' Guild is found under a trapdoor north of Lumbridge. Available after completing Buyers and Cellars, players could additionally do capers to expand the guild. There are coshing volunteers and an advanced pickpocketing trainer (despite the title) available for blackjacking (a rubber blackjack, bought from Dodgy Derek's Dirty Deals in the guild, is required), pickpocketing volunteers and a pickpocketing trainer for pickpocketing, wall safes, locked doors, and chests.
All thieving done inside the guild would not yield any material gain. Players instead gain hanky points that could be traded in for more experience. Negligible damage is done when failing to pickpocket or being knocked out by NPCs, and the trap under wall safes consists of rubber spikes.
Skilling pet (Ralph)[edit | edit source]
Like all skills, there is a skilling pet obtainable from training this skill. The pet for the Thieving skill is called Ralph.
Quests with a Thieving requirement[edit | edit source]
- 5 - Buyers and Cellars
- 5 - Perils of Ice Mountain
- 13 - The Lost Tribe
- 14 - The Giant Dwarf
- 15 - Watchtower
- 17 - The Hand in the Sand
- 21 - Tribal Totem
- 22 - The Darkness of Hallowvale
- 23 - Death to the Dorgeshuun
- 25 - Creature of Fenkenstrain
- 25 - The Dig Site
- 25 - The Golem
- 30 - Dishonour among Thieves
- 30 - The Feud
- 30 - Slug Menace
- 30 - Troll Stronghold
- 33 - Carnillean Rising
- 36 - Land of the Goblins
- 37 - Spirits of the Elid
- 38 - Hunt for Red Raktuber
- 39 - Elemental Workshop IV
- 40 - A Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen
- 42 - Temple of Ikov
- 46 - The Chosen Commander
- 50 - Legends' Quest
- 50 - Mourning's End Part I
- 51 - A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift
- 53 - Desert Treasure
- 54 - A Void Dance
- 56 - The Path of Glouphrie
- 58 - Grim Tales
- 60 - Dealing with Scabaras
- 60 - While Guthix Sleeps
- 63 - Rocking Out
- 64 - The Prisoner of Glouphrie
- 66 - The Curse of Arrav
- 70 - Do No Evil
- 70 - Deadliest Catch
- 74 - A Clockwork Syringe
- 85 - Pieces of Hate
Quests for Thieving experience[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- The World is a Safe Place ( 0) – Loot from all safes within Gielinor.
- Pilferin' in Misthalin ( 5) – Loot from all safes within Misthalin.
- Pilferin' in Kharidian Desert ( 5) – Loot from all safes within the Kharidian Desert.
- Pilferin' in Asgarnia ( 10) – Loot from all safes within Asgarnia.
- Pilferin' in Kandarin ( 10) – Loot from all safes within Kandarin.
- Pilferin' the Hidden Ones ( 20) – Loot from all safes hidden around less frequently visited places.
- A Thief Beyond Belief ( 20) – Steal from each of the listed types of merchant stalls.
- Slivers of Camouflage ( 10) – Own the Master Camouflage outfit.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- ninja 18 January 2016 (Update):
- Messages for being caught when picking Prifddinas elves' pockets will now include the clan's name.
- ninja 16 February 2015 (Update):
- ninja 22 July 2014 (Update):
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- 'You're stunned!' has been added to the chat filter when you are unsuccessful with pickpocketing.
- patch 14 June 2011 (Update):
- patch 7 September 2010 (Update):
- patch 28 April 2010 (Update):
- If you failed when pick-pocketing an NPC they would attack you, but not always play the attack animation. This has now been fixed.
- patch 16 February 2010 (Update):
- Thieving messages for Martin the Master Gardener now make more sense.
- patch 22 June 2009 (Update):
- Changed the order of the Thieving code – now it doesn't start the animation until the rest of the checks have been run and you can actually pickpocket the target.
- patch 12 May 2009 (Update):
- Fixed an issue when thieving and then clicking on a location like stairs.
- This also introduced a NPC behavioral change. When a thief is caught pickpocketing an NPC in combat with another player, the NPC is far less likely to disengage from the battle.
- Fixed an issue when thieving and then clicking on a location like stairs.
- update 30 April 2002 (Update):
- Thieving skill added to game.
- New members update online! Many RPGs have a thieving/rogue skill and this is something which until now has been missing from RuneScape.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Thieving was included on the stats screen when RuneScape was initially released on 4 January 2001. However, it was not actually implemented until 30 April 2002.
- When While Guthix Sleeps is completed and one of the 100,000 experience boosts is used on Thieving, the following message appears: The same message appears when you receive Thieving experience from the Tears of Guthix D&D and when receiving Thieving experience from the seasonal Guthix butterflies.
- After the Evolution of Combat update, players (when stunned) can use Freedom to prevent waiting for the player to come back to their senses. However, one still may not pickpocket again until the time at which the normal stun duration would have ended.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Quest experience rewards - Thieving
- Thieves' Guild
- Thieving training, a guide to training Thieving
- Thieving/Level up table
- Thieving Calculators
References[edit | edit source]