Pickaxe of Earth and Song
|Pickaxe of Earth and Song|
|Release||7 January 2019 (Update)|
|Destroy||You will need to combine another imcando pickaxe and crystal pickaxe with a blast fusion hammer.|
|Used for mining.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Pickaxe of Earth and Song is the best pickaxe currently available in the game. It requires level 90 Mining to use and no combat requirements to wield it, outside of quests required to assemble it. The Pickaxe of Earth and Song has the same stats as an elder rune pickaxe +5; however, the latter cannot be augmented.
The Pickaxe of Earth and Song is created by combining a blast fusion hammer, a crystal pickaxe, and an imcando pickaxe at any anvil (with an effective cost of 8,818,492 coins, without accounting for its untradeable components). This process requires 90 Smithing. The creation process cannot be assisted, but you can use boosts. Obtaining these three items requires the completion of While Guthix Sleeps, Plague's End, and Birthright of the Dwarves, respectively. Despite its requirement of a blast fusion hammer, the pickaxe is not forged in the Dragon Forge, but rather at any of the standard anvils found throughout Gielinor. The pickaxe may be added to the tool belt. The pickaxe can be made using Augmented crystal pickaxe or Augmented imcando pickaxe retaining all of the perks and item experience on the newly made pickaxe. Should the crystal pickaxe and imcando pickaxe both be augmented, the choice is presented to keep one of the two augmentations; the perks and item experience on the other augmentation will be lost.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Mining[edit | edit source]
|Pickaxe of Earth and Song|
|Damage (per swing)|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Completed Birthright of the Dwarves, Plague's End, and While Guthix Sleeps|
|Blast fusion hammer||1||1,000,000||1,000,000|
Aside from the 90 Smithing requirement to create the pickaxe, completion of three Grandmaster quests is required, which each bring their own skill requirements. The inclusion of several combat skills makes the pickaxe unobtainable for skill pures. The minimum requirements to obtain the Pickaxe of Earth and Song are:
Completion of the following quests
- 90 Smithing
- 35 Runecrafting
- 53 Cooking
- 53 Fishing
- 56 Slayer
- 60 Thieving
- 61 Firemaking
- 61 Hunter
- 65 Defence
- 65 Farming
- 70 Fletching
- 75 Agility
- 75 Construction
- 75 Crafting
- 75 Dungeoneering
- 75 Herblore
- 75 Magic
- 75 Prayer
- 75 Ranged
- 75 Summoning
- 75 Woodcutting
- 80 Mining
- 85 Strength
- Either 130 combined Attack and Strength or 99 in either (to enter the Warrior's Guild)
Once all items are obtained, the pickaxe can be created at any standard anvil in the game.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Pickaxes and mattocks|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|1 × Crystal parts||85/115|
|1 × Seren components||15/115|
|1 × Faceted components||15/115|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- A Song of Earth and Pickaxes ( 30) – Construct a pickaxe of earth and song.
Update history[edit | edit source]
30 March 2020 (
- Item name updated from "Pickaxe of earth and song" to "Pickaxe of Earth and Song".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of the pickaxe is a reference to the book series A Song of Ice and Fire, which is the book series that the TV series Game of Thrones is based on. This is further evident by the name of the achievement unlocked when the player constructs the pickaxe.
- The name also derives from its two component pickaxes. "Earth" being the dwarven part, forged from lava, and "Song" representing elven crystal singing.
- Despite giving components that are obtained from crystal items, and being partly created from said items, this pickaxe is not able to be siphoned using a crystal tool siphon. It is unknown if this is a bug.