Phoenix necklaces are necklaces that automatically restore the wearer's life points by 30% of maximum if they drop below 20% of the maximum. They only have one use, after which they are destroyed.
For example: a player with 9900 maximum life points gets hit for damage and their life points get reduced to under 1980, but above 0. The necklace will heal that player 2970 life points. If the player drops to 0 life points, the player will instead die, leaving the necklace unused.
If life points drops below 10% in one hit after being above 20%, and the player is also wearing the ring of life, then the Phoenix necklace is activated first.
Members can make one by enchanting a diamond necklace with the Enchant Level 4 Jewellery spell. This requires level 57 Magic, 10 Earth runes, and 1 Cosmic rune and grants 67 experience.
In the Duel Arena, the phoenix necklace is considered food. Therefore, it will produce no effect if the "No Food" option is toggled on during a duel. On the other hand, the necklace works in Dominion Tower fights with the "No Food" handicap active.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 20 August 2018 (Update):
- The Phoenix Necklace will no longer remove the buff icon for the ultimate ability Immortality if it's effect activates whilst Immortality is still active.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- The phoenix necklace cooldown is now 1 minute instead of 30 seconds.
- Its examine text is a reference to many common fire alarm and extinguisher cases, which have instructions that read, "In case of emergency, break glass."
- The name of the item comes from the tales about phoenixes. It's said that a phoenix can heal any injury or disease with its tears, even if the affected person was dead.