Duchess Philippa Wharton was the Hierophant of the Zamorakian Order of Dis cult and founder of the Star Lodge, a front for the cult. She was previously a citizen of the Zarosian empire and worked in secret to help Zamorak oust Zaros as the leader, and then formed the cult to help prepare for Zamorak's return. Under her leadership, the Order grew. She was responsible for binding Dagon, a demon who the cult worshiped and who they would sacrifice unwilling members to.
Within a few centuries after her death, however, the cult had fallen into disrepair. With its purpose seemingly fulfilled, membership dwindled and there were only two members left.
- ^ Founder's journal page 4, written by Philippa Wharton, RuneScape. "Duchess Philippa Wharton, Founder of Star Lodge, Hierophant of the Order of Dis"
- ^ Founder's journal page 1, written by Philippa Wharton, RuneScape. "I founded this lodge so that we may hide in plain sight... we shall bide our time and await Zamorak's return."
- ^ Founder's journal page 1, written by Philippa Wharton, RuneScape. "We were of the empire once, but our order rose among its shadows too, working in secret to usurp the Empty Lord under the tutelage of our champion."
- ^ Dagon, "Dagon Bye", RuneScape. "I am trapped. I was tricked into a contract by Duchess Wharton so many years ago."
- ^ Founder's journal page 3, written by Philippa Wharton, RuneScape. "At night we play our part and entertain the masses. We take only the lost and lonely, the forgotten few. Then only during the day do we 'encourage' them to accept a gift from the Source. Those that do are free to leave us and spread our word abroad. Those that do not, well...as they say, there is always a choice, not that I would consider Dagon a choice. Though Dagon claims he despises this use for him, his contract decrees it and he will do as I say."
- ^ Cultist's diary page 3, written by Francis Dashwood, RuneScape. "Sy'ris and I are all that remains of the Order of Dis, and we are nothing but tokens, figureheads to keep up appearances. But everyone knows the order is done, its purpose served centuries ago. Everyone still remembers the Duchess, founder of the Lodge, but who will ever remember little ol' Frankie Dashwood of Draynor?"