|Release date||5 June 2017 (Update)|
|Main music||My Domain|
|Strongest monster||Varies (depending on owner)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Sunken Pyramid is a dungeon home to the Order of the Slayer Masters, allowing players to become a Slayer Master. To enter the dungeon, players are required to have level 99 Slayer. Partial completion of The Jack of Spades is also required to reach it.
Players should bring a ghostspeak amulet or cramulet in order to speak to Faiza, but these items are not required if the player has completed the hard Morytania achievements. The ushabti can be placed in either the Chest of Souls or in a room of the Slayer Dungeon, both of which register the monster in the Slayer Codex. Placing the ushabti in the Chest of Souls will not add the monster to a room.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
To travel to the pyramid, players may take a boat from Menaphos by speaking to Portmaster Kags on the south-western dock in the Ports district. Portmaster Kags is quickly accessible if their player-owned house is located in Menaphos (requires completion of The Jack of Spades) with House Teleport. If your house is not in Menaphos, two alternative methods include; A Teleport to house tablet after completion of the Love Story quest, or a Port District Teleport . Otherwise, they have to teleport to the Menaphos lodestone and run a fair distance southwest.
Players can also teleport there using the Slayer Codex if they have captured at least 50 different monster souls.
Ironman mode accounts are unable to use other players' dungeons, however an ironman player's dungeon can be used by regular accounts.
Features[edit | edit source]
Chest of Souls[edit | edit source]
There is a Chest of Souls inside the pyramid that when clicked, makes a ghost named Faiza appear. She will inform players that they can become their own slayer master by capturing the soul of slayer monsters, and will provide them with 25-50 ushabti (the player's Slayer level determines the amount given), along with the Slayer Codex to keep track of slayer monsters that the player has captured.
Souls can be captured off or on a task. The chance of obtaining a soul doubles when killing the monster on a slayer task (or when a player is at level 120 Slayer; this does not stack with the on-task bonus). There are a total of 161 monster souls that need to be captured. Players must have an empty ushabti to be able to capture souls from slayer monsters. Players are not required to possess or equip the Slayer Codex in order to capture souls. Capturing a soul rewards a small amount of slayer experience. Souls are automatically captured if eligible when the monster is killed. Monsters killed in the Sunken Pyramid cannot fill an ushabti.
In order to capture all 161 souls, players will need to have 117 Slayer (in addition to other requirements; refer to the monsters' page for other requirements). Although the slayer requirement can be boosted at 111 Slayer via use of wilder pie, players relying on the boost method need to contemplate using many of them, as it can take them a lot of kills for the desired soul.
If a player clicks on the Chest of Souls with any number of filled ushabti in their inventory, all filled ushabti will be added to the Chest and cannot be recovered. Players wishing to add filled ushabti to their slayer dungeon must place them inside of the empty chambers.
Slayer Dungeon[edit | edit source]
Players can also choose to place the ushabtis in the empty chambers past the Chest of Souls.
There are three chambers that can house monsters, each chamber holding up to 5 monsters, with each filled ushabti filling one of the five slots per room. Build spots and rooms accommodate either small or both large and small monsters. The south-eastern room holds small monsters. The two northern rooms hold both large and small monsters.
To place a monster spawn, enter building mode from the front door of the Sunken Pyramid and then use the filled ushabti on one of the hotspots provided, similar to training Construction in a player-owned house. Once confirmed, the monster will be placed, and will remain unless later removed by the player. Slayer XP will be awarded for placing the ushabti and counts towards the Slayer Codex completion.
Monsters can be removed and will then disappear. Once placed, a monster cannot be moved from one area to another unless the perk has been bought for 1,000 slayer points, in which they may be moved around accordingly. A unique function of the slayer dungeon is that monsters may occasionally respawn instantly upon death.
The dungeon is popular for both money-making and high slayer experience rates, depending on what is in the dungeon.
Much like the player-owned house, players (with 99 Slayer) can visit other players' dungeons, provided that they have a monster in them. The owner does not have to be in the dungeon in order for others to enter; players can enter another's slayer dungeon as long as they are on the same world and have the appropriate friend settings on. Ironman accounts cannot enter another player's dungeon.
Players can still receive Champion's scrolls from the mobs that drop them from within the chambers of the personal slayer dungeon.
Exceptions & restrictions[edit | edit source]
The following monsters cannot be placed in the dungeon:
- Monsters with environment mechanics:
- Wilderness-exclusive monsters:
- Anachronia-exclusive monsters
Restrictions or notes on other monsters:
- Desert, ice, jungle strykewyrms, and edimmu can be placed in the dungeon, but can only be fought if assigned as a task.
- Gemstone dragons will still require payment fees if not being killed on a task.
- Monsters that require a finishing blow (including a consumable finishing blow) will still require that finishing blow (e.g. Corrupted creatures and Soul devourers still require Feather of Ma'at in order to be killed).
- Some monsters that are normally aggressive in their original habitat, such as edimmu, are not within the dungeon.
- Ripper Demons retain their usual behaviour.
- The normal restrictions on fighting some monsters can be bypassed in the Sunken Pyramid, e.g. edimmu can be killed using reflect mechanics without having 115 Dungeoneering (and thus not having a task for them).
- The special attacks of the Kal'gerion demons will not trigger despite using their special attack animation.
- Kalphite, living rock creatures, automaton, muspah, Vyrewatch, nihil and shades will randomly generate a variant of that monster each time it respawns. For example, placing an automaton soul can generate a guardian, generator or tracer.
- Ascension members' souls are still the same as usual, but one obtained from the Legiones causes a random member to spawn in its place.
- Scutarius souls can occasionally glitch and generate random members. The scutarii themselves may also despawn in combat without warning.
- Only adult dragons will spawn in the dungeon, even if the soul was originally obtained from a baby blue, baby red, or baby black dragon.
- When adding any elf souls, only elf warriors (the Lletya variants) will spawn.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
|10||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|20||1% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|30||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|40||2% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|50||New mural in dungeon lobby and ability to teleport to the pyramid via the Slayer Codex.|
|60||3% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|70||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|80||4% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|90||New mural in dungeon lobby.|
|100||5% extra slayer experience when wearing a slayer helmet.|
|110||New mural in dungeon lobby and The History of Slayer achievement completed which is a master quest cape requirement.|
|161||Golden Slayer Master title and To Be a Master achievement completed which is a trimmed completionist cape requirement.|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 9 November 2020 (Update):
- ninja 26 October 2020 (Update):
- Slayer Masters will now teach the ability to use the Slayer Master's Ouija Board for 1,000 Slayer Points.
- Using the Slayer Master's Ouija Board within the Sunken Pyramid will allow you to customise the placement of creatures in your Personal Slayer Dungeon.
- Creatures can be freely moved between slots, but large monsters cannot be placed in the small chamber.
- Monsters with multiple variants will now consistently spawn as those variants when newly placed in the Personal Slayer Dungeon.
- Monsters placed prior to today's update will continue to spawn as random variants.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- You are now able to attack spiritual warriors in your own Player Owned Dungeon.
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- Placing and removing creatures now works as intended in the player-owned dungeon.
- You can no longer place Anachronia Slayer creatures in a player owned dungeon.
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to create multiple player-owned Slayer dungeons.
- patch 20 November 2017 (Update):
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The last mural for the Sunken Pyramid will now unlock at 110 souls captured instead of 90.
- patch 2 October 2017 (Update):
- Slasher demons can no longer get past the barriers in a Player-owned Slayer Dungeon.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- patch 12 June 2017 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pyramid was first mentioned at RuneFest 2016.
- Logging out in the dungeon lobby will place players outside the Sunken Pyramid.
- Opening the door to the pyramid for the first time prompts the message: "You push at the door. At your touch, it opens and a hiss of air that smells hundreds of years old seeps out."
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|