Maneuvering underneath the icicles
The Penguin agility course is located on the Iceberg, and requires an Agility level of 30. Players also need partial completion of the quest Cold War, and must be wearing the clockwork suit.
- Find Larry, who is stationed by his boat to the north-east of Rellekka on the pier (outside the fence area), and talk to him.
- After starting Hunt for Red Raktuber, Larry gives players the ability to use the boat for themselves to get to the Iceberg.
- Once on the Iceberg, right-click Jim (polar bear to the north east) and select Tuxedo time with a clockwork suit in inventory. Head west along the ice wall and investigate avalanche. Once inside the secret lair, take the first door on the west. Go through the first room and head down a long passage west and north. Open the large door.
This course offers much higher experience than the Barbarian Agility Course, but requires a lower Agility level. Three of the four obstacles on the course can be failed - the crushers can deal damage, but it is not necessary to do them again - however the damage taken is negligible.
- The start of the course is north of the group of penguins; may need to click on the western part of the northern tip to start. To quit the ice crusher area, click on the Ice steps.
- After the ice crushers, climb the stepping stones just north of the ice crushers to go to the Icicles. Jump from one stepping stone to the next until you are on a path again.
- Click on the Tread-softly Icicles to pass.
- Then Cross Ice to the south of the last icicle.
- At the last Cross ice, player will go down the ice slope to the end.
- Open the gate to the west to exit.
||Ice Crushers and cross stepping stones
||Ice slope to finish line
|Total experience per lap
Completing the course grants 765 experience per lap, should you clear all four obstacles (about 42,000 experience per hour).
- When doing the crushers, players should click on the first stepping stone just as the all 3 northern crushers finish moving down.
- The platform jump depends on a player's Agility level.
- If "tread softly" is not clicked while going under the icicles, players will always get hurt. Also note that if the player clicks the spot under the icicles farther away from them, they will first go on the spot closer to them and automatically get hurt.
- Players cannot fail the first jump of the stepping stones and the last step on the ice slope.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 14 March 2016 (Update):
- Greatly reduced the failure rates on the Penguin Agility course.
- Increased each obstacle's XP on the Penguin Agility course to represent the amount of time required to complete.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- The penguin rock and pop outfits no longer graphically disappear when starting the course.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Stopped code from preventing players with lower than required Agility from exiting the Penguin Agility Course.
- Players cannot drop anything while swimming. Also, if a player is moving and tries to eat or drink while swimming, the player will stop.