|Release||4 January 2007 (Update)|
|Examine||Run away! Run away!|
|XP (2H/MH/OH)||0 / 0 / 0|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Base hit chance|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Upon defeating her, players will receive 80 Honour Points in their chosen class, as well as 5 points in all other classes. Also, players may now receive trade items from Commander Connad on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of the Barbarian Assault building. Previously, this was not the case.
Since the Queen is located within a "safe" minigame, you will not lose any items if you die when fighting her, though you will have to restart the wave.
The fight[edit | edit source]
The Queen cannont be directly attacked, instead, she has to be damaged by launching her Omega eggs using an Egg launcher.
She uses ranged and melee attacks in rapid succession, both of which can hit up to 652. Her ranged attacks simultaneously strike all players fighting her.
Protection prayers and food may not be used whilst fighting her, so in order to reduce incoming damage and take preassure off the healers, other methods of damage mitigation and healing should be used, such as defensive abilities, equipment with passive effects, and weapon with special attacks, which can be used on Queen Spawn. Some useful equipment and abilities include:
- The Sacrifice ability
- Leviathan ring
- Warpriest of Saradomin and Warpriest of Zamorak armour sets
- Guthan's armour
- Saradomin Godsword
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Recommended member roles:
The CHAD system must be used to defeat her, it goes as follows:
|Collector||Put eggs in egg hopper||Launch at Penance Queen|
- The Healer dunks the eggs in the poison springs. Once done, the eggs are given to the Attacker.
- The Attacker adds spikes to the eggs from the spiked mushrooms. The eggs are passed along to the Defender. It is recommended that you collect the spikes before the queen comes, as it will speed up the process of passing the eggs on, and ultimately improves chance of survival.
- The Defender dunks the eggs in the lava craters, and hands them back to the Collector.
- The Collector places them in the Egg Hopper, and the Egg Launcher is ready to be fired.
Spam Method: The collector picks up one yellow egg and passes it through the process, producing one Omega egg. Once the single egg is finished, the collector stands by the loader while the other team members click on the cannon and spam the option for the Omega egg, loading the cannon once all teammates are confirmed to be spamming the cannon. If done correctly, the queen should die from one Omega egg only. This method can possibly speed up this wave very quickly. (Note: The leader of the party cannot spam the cannon due to a glitch in this method, so it is actually advantageous for the leader to be the collector so that 4 people can spam the cannon instead of 3.)
If killing the queen using the regular CHAD method; it will take 8 eggs to kill the queen. Each egg will deal 17,930 life points of damage each.
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- An issue which allowed you to fire multiple Omega eggs at the Penance Queen when the team only had one has been fixed.
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- An issue which allowed players to fire multiple omega eggs at the Penance Queen when the team only had one has been fixed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text "Run Away! Run Away!" may be a reference to the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."
- Before the Hitsplat update, it was assumed her rings were a magical attack. It has now been revealed they are Ranged attacks.
- The Queen had an attack option before the Barbarian Assault rework. The rework removed her attack option.
- The Queen had 2500 life points and a weakness to crush before the Barbarian Assault rework.
- At one point in development of Barbarian Assault, the Penance Queen had a more humanoid appearance, but she was redesigned before the minigame launched, leaving her original models and animations unused in the game files. The names of the original Penance Queen animations all used the "barbassault_penance_queen_" prefix, wheras the launch version used "barbassault_penance_queen_new_", "barbassault_penacne[sic]_queen_new_", and "barbassault_queen_new_". The models and animations of both the original and launch versions are no longer present in the files.