The panning tray is an item used in The Dig Site quest to retrieve a special cup. Collecting enough mud will make the panning tray full. As of the release of the Archaeology skill, players can no longer use the panning tray outside of the associated quest.
Previously players could bribe the Panning Guide with a cup of tea in order to use the tray before the quest.
When panning, players could find gold nuggets, an oyster, an uncut opal, a special cup, an uncut jade, and coins.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
30 March 2020 (Update):
- The panning tray can no longer be used to pan for the small pool of items and is now only used in the The Dig Site quest.
- patch 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- You can now carry multiple panning trays and fill them all up before having to check them.
- If you try to pan with only full panning trays in your inventory, you will automatically check and empty one of your full panning trays first.
- patch 8 December 2014 (Update):
- Panning trays no longer stall damage.