This article is about the room built in a player-owned house. For the prison holding Raksha
, see Orthen Oubliette
An Oubliette is a room designed to be built below the throne room (to work with the Throne Room traps) in a player-owned house. It can be built at level 65 Construction with 150,000 coins.
There are 6 hotspots available:
- Floor - Attacks/injures anyone unfortunate enough to have fallen in the cage through the throne room or via a teleport trap from the dungeon.
- Prison - Prevents escape from the trap, allowing more damage to be inflicted. Players must pick or force the lock. If you remove your cage, you will lose the cage and anything inside it.
- Guard - Attacks any players during PvP (player-versus-player) or challenge mode.
- Ladder - Allows access to the throne room if it is there.
- Decoration - Ornamentation.
- Lighting - Ornamentation.
The centre floor is where players dropping from a throne room above fall onto.
||20 Steel bars, 50,000 coins
||20 Buckets of water, 100,000 coins
||20 Tinderboxes, 125,000 coins
Players can build the Rocnar, flame pit, and spikes without a cage. However, it is impossible to remove/upgrade the cage without also removing its contents. The tentacle pool still needs a cage to be added. It is not possible to voluntarily step into a cage, and therefore the tentacle pool is unsuited for players who desire to use the oubliette as a way to kill themselves quickly (restoring all stats).
To hold players dropping from a throne room above. Players have to pick the lock (using Thieving) of the gate, or force the lock (using Strength) of the gate, to get out. The stronger the cage, the harder it will be for players to escape. If a player tries to enter the cage voluntarily (for example by attempting to pick the lock from the outside) the game will stop them.
The tea boosts can be used when creating guards, but the crystal saw cannot.
Ladder back up to throne room above (if present).
When challenge mode is turned on (using the lever in the throne room) then only the house owner can go up the ladder.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 September 2010 (Update):
- Render error with POH oubliette furniture.
- It is possible to kill the tentacles in the tentacle pool with the help of a summoning familiar, the tentacles will drop bones on death.
- One of the traps players can add is called a "Rocnar", which when spelt backwards becomes "rancor". This was a monster in Jabba the Hutt's oubliette from Star Wars episode 6, which tried to kill the protagonist Luke Skywalker.
- The hanging skeleton requires two skulls to build, although there are four hanging skeletons in the room.
- When you rest in the flame pit, the recurring damage doesn't interrupt your resting. However, elsewhere in RuneScape if you were to take damage while resting, your resting would be interrupted.