Otto's Grotto is the home of Otto Godblessed, west of Baxtorian Falls. Here players can request his instruction to start barbarian training.
At the grotto, there is a barbarian anvil and barbarian forge (to make hastae and spears) and various types of trees. In addition, there are Fishing spots close by that contain leaping fish, which offer some of the best Fishing experience in the game, and can be cut and used for barbarian potion mixes. Fishing them requires a barbarian rod, which can be found by searching Otto's bed, and knowledge of barbarian Fishing. To bank any fish, players should head north to the Barbarian Outpost and deposit them in the bank chest near the minigame Barbarian Assault.
If players head due north and then turn west, they will find a shortcut that leads to the Gnome Stronghold. Also near here is the entrance to the Ancient Cavern, a large whirlpool at the end of a dock.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 16 May 2016 (Update):
- The animation played when smithing on the barbarian anvil near Otto's house has been updated.
- patch 2 April 2013 (Update):
- The ground near Otto's house has been levelled out slightly to stop players feet from disappearing into the ground.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Fixed a camera problem near Otto's hut.