|Infobox • Talk page|
Oroshu was the khan of Falling Blossom, an island in The Bowl region of the Wushanko Isles. He had over 200 wives, and is described by Zu Zu the Occultist as an 'old pervert' and 'swollen pig'. Oroshu helped Zu Zu escape from the service of Quin, in exchange for her promise to marry him. He later tried to blackmail her into fulfilling this promise by stealing the ingredients needed for the ritual which would remove her immortality.
History[edit | edit source]
Zu Zu was in the employ of the powerful seasinger Quin. After discovering the secret of eternal life, Zu Zu realised that no one should get their hands on it. When Oroshu was visiting Quin, Zu Zu seduced him and he smuggled her out in his leisure barge in exchange for marrying him. During the voyage, Zu Zu picked a lock and escaped.
Some time later, Zu Zu collected the three ingredients necessary in the ritual that would rid her of immortality. She gathered the final ingredient, the Blood, in Aloft Dagger. As she was returning to the ship, she was met with Oroshu and a hundred guards. Oroshu took the Blood, Body and Brain ingredients. He demanded that she travel to Falling Blossom and that she fulfil her promise of marriage to him.
With no intention to keep her promise, Zu Zu agreed to marry him, but only if he made it a big occasion, inviting all the khans and seasingers. Unsuspecting, Oroshu sent an invite to Zu Zu's former employer, Quin. In the chaos of the wedding, with the guests fighting over the Occultist, the portmaster's crew recovered the ritual ingredients. The soothsayers, former teachers of Zu Zu, were also in attendance with the aim of killing her. Discord, Quin's personal bodyguard, killed the majority of the soothsayers. Oroshu was killed by either Discord or Zu Zu. She managed to escape with the portmaster's crew.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Falling Blossom, RuneScape. "An island renowned for its geishas, as well as hibiscus gardens and beautiful scenery. Oshoru[sic] was khan of this island before his death at the Occultist's hands."
- ^ The Occultist, "The Blood", RuneScape. "It was Oroshu, the old pervert. [...] The swollen pig. He's got two hundred wives already! I'd hoped he'd forget me. But, then again, who can forget a woman like me?"
- ^ The Occultist, "The Blood", RuneScape. "I was desperate at the time! I was working for Quin, just after she had turned paranoid and genocidal - you know, when she was demanding the secret of eternal life. So I found eternal life, more by accident than anything else. [...] I focused the ritual on myself and - miracle of miracles - nothing could damage me. I even threw myself off a roof to test it. As I fell from the tower, I had an epiphany. No one should get these powers. Who would be able to stop a person like that? Who would be able to stop Quin? So, I picked myself up, seduced Oroshu - who was visiting Quin - and made him promise to get me out in exchange for marriage. As he smuggled me out on his leisure barge, I kept a pin in my corset, ready to pick a lock and escape."
- ^ The Blood, RuneScape. "The Occultist managed to gather the blood from Aloft Dagger. Upon returning to the ship, however, a khan named Oroshu was waiting with a hundred guards, and he took the blood, body and brain."
- ^ The Occultist, "The Blood", RuneScape. "It was Oroshu, the old pervert. He took the blood, body and brain from me and demanded that I travel to his island, Falling Blossom. [...] He's a khan, darling, and he wants the fulfilment of an old promise. He wants me to marry him."
- ^ The Occultist, "A Date with Oroshu", RuneScape. "I sent Oroshu a letter, promising a wedding today, but only if he made it a big occasion. I'd expect nothing less, I said: a parade in the streets, a festival in my name. And I wanted him to invite all the Khans and seasingers. [...] The fool, wallowing in his hubris, has sent an invite to Quin! Even if she doesn't attend, Quin will send lackeys to collect me, and the soothsayers will no doubt send forces. It has all the ingredients of a sumptuous farce, with me as the pretty, shining cherry on top! They whip themselves into a frenzy, and you take advantage of the chaos. Delicious! Your men steal in to recover the body, brain and blood - he's planning them as wedding gifts, darling - and then you can save your damsel."
- ^ a b c A Date with Oroshu, RuneScape. "You have successfully escaped with the Occultist and the Body, Brain and Blood! Discord – Quin's personal seasinger – killed Oshoru[sic] and the majority of the soothsayers, who also arrived for the wedding."
- ^ The success message for A Date with Oroshu voyage states that he was killed by Discord, but the Falling Blossom description in the Captain's Log map, post-voyage, says that he died at the Occultist's hands.