|Release||26 February 2018 (Update)|
|High alch||60,000 coins|
|Low alch||40,000 coins|
|A historian's hat that has a natural pull towards treasure.|
|Exchange||2,144,913,321 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Orlando Smith's hat is a hero item that was released with the clue scroll rework on 26 February 2018. When worn, it gives a small chance for treasure trail reward casket to give another casket of a lower tier. This effect does not work on easy treasure trails, as a lower tier does not exist.
When an extra casket is obtained, the following message appears in the chat box: The spirit of adventure runs through you and you receive: 1x Reward casket (tier).
The hat can be received as a very rare reward from a master casket. This does not require the luck of the Dwarves ring to be equipped.
The chance of getting a casket with Orlando Smith's hat equipped is as follows:
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- The globetrotter outfit does not have a head slot item in order to accommodate the hat.
- The initial Grand Exchange value of 777,777,777 is likely a reference to "7" being a lucky number in many cultures.
- On release the hat didn't have a global announcement when obtained. This was changed in 12 March 2018 update to be in line with other hero items.
- You can talk to Orlando Smith and compliment his hat. However, the one he wears looks quite different from this item.