An ore is an item (typically a type of unrefined metal) obtained through the Mining skill from mining rocks with a pickaxe. Ores can be smelted into bars through the Smithing skill. Core ores, silver ores and gold ores can either be stored in the bank, an ore box or the metal bank.
Ores and most mineable items (despite not being ores) are discussed on this page, with the exception of gems that have their own page.
Core ores[edit | edit source]
Other ores[edit | edit source]
Quest items[edit | edit source]
Other mineable items[edit | edit source]
|97||Alaea sea salt||N/A|
Dungeoneering ores[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue stopping players from redeeming certain noted ores from Ordan.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Reduced level requirement to mine iron, coal, mithril, adamant and runite to 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 respectively.
- Adamant and runite now use luminite rather than coal as the secondary ingredient for smelting. Luminite can be mined at mining level 40.
- Added new tiers of ore to mine. At 60, orichalcite and drakolith. At 70, necrite and phasmatite. At 80, bane ore (existing bane ore counts). At 90, light animica and dark animica.
- Mining rocks no longer deplete.
- Every swing now gives XP, but ore is only earned after filling up the progress bar with multiple swings.
- Rockertunities will spawn occasionally which, when clicked, result in a burst of additional XP and ore.
- If you let yourself go AFK while mining, you will gradually slow down slightly. If you click frequently, you will stay at maximum mining speed. The difference between fastest and slowest is about 20%.
- When mining you have a chance to gain geodes. Regular geodes contain gems, and metamorphic geodes always contain rare prizes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The heaviest ore is Lunar ore, and the heaviest minable item is 10kg Sandstone. Most metal ores are around 2kg (1.75kg to 2.7kg)
- Rocks containing ore were updated on 20 December 2011, as revealed in the update post on that day, to have a shiny look when ore is available from them.