Ordan is a dwarf who works in the blast furnace factory on the east side of Keldagrim, the dwarven capital city. Ordan can un-note all noted ores given to him (up to runite) free of charge, although this is of little use due to the bank chest nearby and the introduction of the metal bank and ore boxes.
Prior to the mining and smithing rework, Ordan ran the Ore Seller shop, which stocked a variety of ore that could be used for smithing in the blast furnace. Ordan's shop was stocked by dwarven miners that arrived through the use of the mine cart transportation network. About every minute, a dwarven miner would arrive and re-supply Ordan with a single type of ore. His maximum stock for each type of ore was 100. Ordan sold ore at a variable rate based on GE Market prices.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue stopping players from redeeming certain noted ores from Ordan.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Ordan no longer sells ore, but no longer charges to unnote ore.
- Prior to this, Ordan only unnoted ores up to and including Mithril, and it wasn't free. In addition, he also sold ores.
- ninja 25 April 2016 (Update):
- Added a new bank chest.
- Prior to this, players had to run to and from the bank, relying upon Ordan to unnote their ores for a fee.
- patch 13 June 2012 (Update):
- The dialogue when trying to speak to Ordan in the Blast Furnace has been reduced.
- patch 24 April 2012 (Update):.
- Un-noting ores at the Blast Furnace using Ordan now correctly costs money.
- patch 4 January 2012 (Update):
- Un-noting ore at the Blast Furnace now uses the updated chat interface.
- update 2 September 2009 (Update):
- With the global changes to shops, Ordan's shop is now unique to each player.
- This had the effect of making selling and buying ore almost the same as unnoting ores. This stabilized the prices, setting the prices depending on stock amount, instead of depending on the Grand Exchange prices.
- This side-effect was effectively removed with the changes to the unnote ability is later updates.
- update 19 February 2008 (Update):
- We've had a few words with Ordan at the Blast Furnace about his maths skills. He was getting a bit confused but he should now quote you the correct price for the amount of ore you wish to uncert.
- update 10 December 2007 (Update):
- Due to recent 'player stock' price changes in shops, we've introduced a feature to some 'notable' NPCs. Jiminua just north-west of Tai Bwo Wannai and Ordan at the Blast Furnace will un-note certain items for a small price. Jiminua will un-note pure essence and Ordan will un-note any ore that is sold in his shop.
- update 26 November 2007 (Update):
- Prices for ores sold by Ordan are now based on the Grand Exchange maximum market price.
- This price was much more expensive than before, and was changed to the normal market price in a later update.