Orb of the Cywir elders
|Orb of the Cywir elders|
|Release||26 June 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||39,000 coins|
|Low alch||26,000 coins|
|An orb formed from the antler of Helwyr.|
|Exchange||20,194,283 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Orb of the Cywir elders is a degradable orb that requires level 85 Magic to use. It has the accuracy of a tier 90 off-hand weapon, but the damage cap for spells of a tier 80 off-hand weapon, effectively giving it the same combat capabilities as the Virtus book. It is exclusively dropped by Helwyr.
The orb will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (a minimum duration of 10 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 1,250,000 coins.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The Orb of the Cywir elders at most, costs 1,250,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 312,500 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
With an NPC[edit source]
These less preferred methods cost more as they do not consider one's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Alternate methods[edit source]
These preferred methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone device which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability on a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|1250000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||1,250,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||1,250,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||37,500|
|High rate[uc 3]||75,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||125,000|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Orb of the Cywir elders|
|Disassembly category||Magic off-hand weapons|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
|1 × Cywir components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 March 2018 (Update):
- hotfix 26 June 2017 (Update):
- The Orb of the Cywir Elders will now broadcast correctly when a drop is received.
- ninja 26 June 2017 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release, this item did not trigger the server-wide announcement properly, giving the message " ." This has since been hotfixed.
- It was not released with the Heart of Gielinor, but instead over a year later.
Off-hand magic weapons
|Recoloured mages' book|
|Dyed seismic singularity|
|Dyed imperium core|