Options menu is a screen which allows players to access various in-game settings, such as graphical, volume and screen settings, and many others. It is also used to log out of the game.
Logging out shows a confirmation prompt that can be toggled off permanently.
Settings[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
These options can be found under Gameplay options tab in Settings.
- Gameplay Settings
- Loot Settings
- Death's Store Settings
- Player Owned House Settings
- Action Bar Settings
- Doomsayer Warning Settings
- Miscellaneous Settings
- Aid Settings
- Chat Settings
Graphics[edit | edit source]
Graphic settings lets player to choose preferable and best setup to play RuneScape with.
Manual Setup[edit | edit source]
The current options for manual setup are:
The first 4 options are presets of the graphical display options. The custom option allows further manually to fill in the desired selections.
Screen Sizing[edit | edit source]
The screen size may be adjusted as follows:
- Fullscreen - This display can be gained by becoming a member.
Custom Options[edit | edit source]
- Display Mode DirectX/OpenGL
- CPU usage: Maximum/High/Normal/Low/Very low
- Remove roofs: None/Always/Selectively/All
- Idle animations: All/Many/Few
- Scenery shadows: Dynamic/Static/None
- Lighting detail: High/Low
- Water detail: High/Low
- Anti-aliasing: 4x/2x/None
- Particles: High/Medium/Low
- Max screen size: Any/1024x768/800x600
- Brightness: A slider control to adjust between four brightness levels within the game screen from darkest, on the left, to lightest, on the right.
- Ground decoration: On/Off
- Flickering effects: On/Off
- Character shadows: On/Off
- Fog: On/Off
- Custom cursors: On/Off
- Ground blending: On/Off
- Textures: On/Off
- Skyboxes: On/Off
- Mouseover text On/Off
- Bloom: On/Off
Controls[edit | edit source]
These are the options allowed for controls and their defaults
Camera:[edit | edit source]
|Move Camera Up (Primary)||Up Arrow||Move Camera Up||W|
|Move Camera Down (Primary)||Down Arrow||Move Camera Down||S|
|Move Camera Left (Primary)||Left Arrow||Move Camera Left||A|
|Move Camera Right (Primary)||Right Arrow||Move Camera Right||D|
|Zoom In||Page Up||Zoom Out||Page Down|
Keyboard Sensitivity[edit | edit source]
Mouse Sensitivity[edit | edit source]
- Lock Zoom
- Camera Type: Classic/RS3
- Note: Classic camera follows the player exactly, whereas RS3 camera follows a delayed path based on averaged motion.
Action Bar[edit | edit source]
|Action Bar Slot 1||1||Action Bar Slot 8||8|
|Action Bar Slot 2||2||Action Bar Slot 9||9|
|Action Bar Slot 3||3||Action Bar Slot 10||0|
|Action Bar Slot 4||4||Action Bar Slot 11||-|
|Action Bar Slot 5||5||Action Bar Slot 12||=|
|Action Bar Slot 6||6||Action Bar Slot 13|
|Action Bar Slot 7||7||Action Bar Slot 14|
|Previous Action Bar||Shift + Q||Next Action Bar||Shift + E|
|Action Bar 1||Shift + 1||Action Bar 6|
|Action Bar 2||Shift + 2||Action Bar 7|
|Action Bar 3||Shift + 3||Action Bar 8|
|Action Bar 4||Shift + 4||Action Bar 9|
|Action Bar 5||Shift + 5||Action Bar 10|
|Sheathe/Unsheathe Weapon||*||Quick Heal|
|Quick Prayer||Familiar Action|
|Action Button||Cycle Target Backwards|
|Cycle Target Forwards||Target Directly|
[edit | edit source]
|Upgrades & Extras||F6||RS3 Helper||F7|
|Lock Interface Customisation||L||Toggle Run||R|
|Open World Map||M||Open Home Teleport||T|
|Previous Home Teleport||Ctrl + T||Skills||H|
|Worn Equipment||N||Prayer Abilities||P|
|Magic Abilities||U||Melee Abilities||I|
|Ranged Abilities||O||Defence Abilities||K|
|Friends Chat Info||Clan|
|Group Members||G||All Chat|
|Private Chat||Friends Chat|
|Clan Chat||Guest Clan Chat|
|Trade and Assistance||Group Chat|
|Open World Select||Metrics|
|Achievement Tracker||Achievement Paths|
Audio[edit | edit source]
|Global Mute||Ctrl + G||Music Mute|
|Sound Effects Mute||Ambient Sounds Mute|
Audio[edit | edit source]
The audio options can be set from the options screen in the lobby or in-game.
What can I change?[edit | edit source]
- Music Volume: Changes the volume of the in-game Music Player.
- Sound Effects: Changes the volume of in-game sound effects, such as fighting or skilling sounds.
- Ambient Sounds: Changes the volume of surrounding area sounds. These include surrounding scenery sounds such as the ones in Lumbridge Swamp and Falador Farm with its surrounding areas or other player actions (teleporting, fighting etc).
- Voice Over: Changes the volume of voice-over whilst having conversation.
- Mono/Stereo: Switches between mono and stereo sound.
- Global Mute: Turns all in-game audio on or off.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Camera shake can now be disabled in the Game Interaction section of gameplay general settings.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- patch 4 February 2019 (Update):
- Mining specific game settings have now been moved from "game interaction" into their own section.
- patch 8 October 2018 (Update):
- It is once again possible to open the settings window whilst in combat.
- ninja 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Removed confusing fade out on individual audio settings when global mute is active.
- Polished the audio settings interface.
- patch 4 June 2018 (Update):
- The Settings tab will remember the last tab opened and open on that tab.
- patch 5 March 2018 (Update):
- The options menu has been rearranged for a wider view.
- The 'Quick Save Layout' drop-down menu has been removed from the options menu, and can instead be accessed via the 'Edit Layout Menu'.
- The 'Log out from Facebook' option for those using Facebook single sign-in has been removed, as it was not working correctly.
- The ‘Edit Mode’ button is now called ‘Edit Layout Mode’.
- The individual settings buttons have been condensed into one settings button.
- Feedback Buttons were added, enabling players to rate their current session and improving how we judge the success of our updates.
- A 'Report Issue' button has been added which directs players to the bug reporting system.
- The 'Presets' and 'Save as Preset' buttons within the Edit Layout Mode menu have been renamed as ‘Load Layout’ and ‘Save Layout’, respectively, to match the options menu.
- The 'Logout' button in the top right-hand corner of the minimap now takes players to the options menu rather than a confirmation screen.
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- The roof above an upper level balcony in Lletya will now remove correctly when the 'remove roof' setting is toggled on.
- The roof in the Yanille Wizards' Guild tower will now remove correctly when the 'remove roof' setting is toggled on.
- Rebinding the F7 hotkey will now correctly unbind it from RuneMetrics.
- ninja 17 July 2017 (Update):
- A toggle has been added to the Interface Options that disables shortcut keys closing windows.
- ninja 6 July 2015 (Update):
- A feedback message has been added when toggling the various audio mute options.
- ninja 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can now quickly change worlds from in-game by opening the options menu (by pressing Esc) and selecting "Hop worlds".
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- Split private chat will no longer be hidden while the player has an info box open in Legacy mode.
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- The ‘Exit to Lobby’ button is now correctly aligned with the ‘Exit to Login’ button.
- patch 15 June 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a problem when in resizeable window mode that was preventing certain close buttons from being clicked on.