|Release||4 December 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Destroy||This item cannot be reclaimed. You will need to smith new obsidian armour.|
|Backpack||Wear, Check, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Leg armour forged from heavy volcanic glass.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The obsidian platelegs are part of untradeable and degradable obsidian armour set. They require level 60 Defence to wear, and can be made by smithing three obsidian bars, requiring level 80 Smithing. Obsidian bars are made by smelting obsidian shards, which are dropped by monsters in the Fight Cauldron.
In addition to its defensive bonuses, they provide a 12% reduction to damage from creatures and players in TzHaar City.
The obsidian platelegs degrade after 4,000 hits. Once they fully degrade they cannot be reused, and new platelegs must be smithed. However, they can be repaired before full degradation with obsidian shards by using the shards while wearing the armour to be repaired, at a rate of 100 charges per shard.
Outside of the TzHaar city, it does not degrade, or retain any of these bonuses.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||161.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 1.575%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|2,100 XP||-||267 (160.2s)||-|
|Complete Quest: The Brink of Extinction|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Hybrid armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Obsidian armour's damage reduction has been increased to restore its effectiveness in TzHaar minigames. (The damage reduction is still only applied in the TzHaar City and connected areas.)
- Obsidian armour damage reduction is now effective against any damage taken while inside the TzHaar volcano, not just NPC attacks.
- Obsidian armour damage reduction is now displayed on object tooltips.
- The chance for obsidian armour to degrade has been changed. It no longer degrades outside of TzHaar areas, has a 50% chance to degrade inside, and that chance is reduced to 20% when under the effect of a TokKul donation coffer buff.
- The cost of the obsidian armour buff in the Fight Cauldron has been halved, to 15,000 TokKul.
Hybrid leg armour