An obsidian bar is a bar of obsidian, smithed from obsidian shards. 80 Smithing and completion of The Brink of Extinction are required to smith obsidian bars. The shards may only be obtained from the Fight Cauldron minigame, accessible upon completing The Brink of Extinction, as drops from the TokHaar monsters within. 12 obsidian shards are required to smelt an obsidian bar, and 50 Smithing experience is granted.
Obsidian bars may be smithed at any anvil into obsidian armour, level 60 armour that is exceptionally useful against TzHaar and TokHaar monsters, but not useful against any other opponents. Smithing an obsidian item will grant 742 experience per bar used, for a total of 125 experience for smelting and smithing each obsidian bar, the same amount as a bane bar. The assist system does work when smithing Obsidian equipment.
Obsidian bars cannot be used to repair obsidian armour. Unsmelted obsidian shards must be used for this purpose.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- You can now use the Superheat Item spell on an obsidian shard stack to smelt an obsidian bar without the need of a furnace.
- Obsidian is a volcanic glass rather than a metal, but it can still be smelted into bars through the use of extreme heat and pressure.