The Obsidian Tribunal is an otherworldly faction first mentioned by Zaros during Sliske's Endgame if the player loses to Saradomin in the race for the Stone of Jas. Virtually nothing is known about the Tribunal, save that they are not a god, and they control a host of worlds, on one of which they held Adrasteia, Saradomin's daughter. Nex kidnapped Adrasteia from the Tribunal so Zaros could use her as a bargaining chip if Saradomin won the Stone. A number of the worlds the Tribunal controls are tomb worlds - the world Adrasteia was held on is one of them.
Three agents of the Tribunal are found near the end of The Shadow Reef: Eye of Cythan, Maw of Kolthregar, and Hand of Dagnath, who were sent by Agnes, who holds a leadership position within the Tribunal, to assist The Ambassador with his ritual. Kranon distrusted the tribunal, believing that they saw themselves above his methods. Likewise, the agents held a low opinion of Kranon, believing him to be an "arrogant fool with dangerous aspirations." Despite this, they cooperated with defending the ritual and believed that it would weaken a "veil" so they could be heard by their master. All three agents were slain by the World Guardian shortly before Kranon himself was defeated.
Known members[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Raven. "Lore Corner - Answers!." 17 January 2017. RuneScape Lore Discussion Forums.
- ^ Zaros, "Sliske's Endgame", RuneScape. "Your daughter is safe Saradomin. Nex found her on one of the Obsidian Tribunal's worlds. She is safely in my possession now. Give me the stone and she will be returned to you."
- ^ Zaros, "Sliske's Endgame", RuneScape. "Nex found her on one of the Obsidian Tribunal's tomb worlds, she is in my custody now."
- ^ Umbral Diplomacy, written by The Ambassador, RuneScape. "So, the Tribunal has sent its agents to assist me. There is obviously more at work here, for the Tribunal has always believed itself above my methods. I am not part of their scheming. I have no desires to bend my knee to Agnes or her agents. This is my world and I will not grant them a foothold."
- ^ Maw of Kolthregar, "The Shadow Reef", RuneScape. "You shall not interupt Kranon. His work is too important, it must continue. He is an arrogant fool with dangerous aspirations. But his ritual will weaken the veil and let our master hear us."