|Release||9 July 2003 (Update)|
|Quest item||The Dig Site|
|Destroy||Drop (see article)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|A strong chemical.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
Nitroglycerine is used in the The Dig Site quest to make a chemical compound along with ammonium nitrate, ground charcoal and arcenia root to blow up bricks blocking the path below the Varrock Dig Site.
It is obtained by using a vial on the barrel in the northeastern chamber inside the dungeon under the Dig Site. A trowel must be used on the barrel to open it.
After the player blow up the obstacle with the chemical compound during the quest, the barrel with nitroglycerine disappears, preventing them from obtaining more.
Players who drop the vial will take 350 damage. However, it cannot cause death as players will remain at a minimum of 25 life points.
You can get rid of this item safely by alching it, disassembling it, or by dropping them in a free-to-play world.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Mixed chemicals (step 1)|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 20 May 2019 (Update):.
- Nitroglycerin, which previously used the U.S. spelling of the word, is renamed to "Nitroglycerine", the British spelling.
- Ammonium nitrate and nitroglycerine are now identified on pickup, and do not have to be taken to archaeological expert Terry Balando (though he is still able to identify any unidentified items you might still have lying around).
- update 25 May 2011 (Update):
- The archaeological expert at the Digsite now has a right-click option, which turns all held 'unidentified liquid' into vials of nitroglycerin, so you no longer have to convert them one at a time through chat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Nitroglycerine is a real-life explosive chemical that is a component of dynamite.
- Nitroglycerine was one of the items used to cause the Kennith's Concerns death glitch.
- When exploding nitroglycerine while wearing the Penance aura, you will not take damage. The reason seems to be so players cannot recover prayer points from the damage caused from exploding nitroglycerine.
|Part 4 of the Mahjarrat Mysteries quest series|