|Release||21 November 2016 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|High alch||48,000 coins|
|Low alch||32,000 coins|
|A powerful set of gloves that will aid a ranged combatant.|
|Exchange||86,934,106 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Nightmare gauntlets are tier 85 Ranged power gloves that can be obtained as a drop from nightmares. The gauntlets increase the player's hit chance by 25% when using Snipe and allow the player to use the ability while moving.
Nightmare gauntlets degrade to a broken state over 30,000 charges of combat. They can be repaired by a Repair NPC for 300,000 coins, or for less on an armour stand. Once equipped, they instantly become untradeable, even if they have not been used in combat. Repairing the gloves will make them tradeable again.
The drop rate of these gloves are 1/2,000 on task and 1/10,000 off task.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||96.2||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Products[edit | edit source]
|Enhanced nightmare gauntlets||15,439,047|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
According to Mod Timbo, they have a 1/2,000 chance on task, 1/10,000 off-task. 
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The Nightmare gauntlets at most, costs 300,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 75,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
With an NPC[edit source]
These less preferred methods cost more as they do not consider one's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Alternate methods[edit source]
These preferred methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone device which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability on a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Former Interactions[edit | edit source]
3-tick Snipe[edit | edit source]
If the player starts the animation for Snipe on game tick 1, the animation for the cast begins on tick 4, and the damage appears on tick 5. Because of this, the next ability following a snipe that hits the target can be cast as early as tick 5, one tick longer than the global cooldown of 1.8 seconds (3 game ticks). However, if the player has ability queueing enabled and Nightmare gauntlets equipped (both conditions have to be met), the player can do what is colloquially called 3-tick Snipe (or 3t Snipe). The 3 in the name refers to the amount of ticks between the player starting the animation for Snipe and the player cast of the ability that follows Snipe. In this example, with ability queueing enabled, a queued ability following Snipe will be cast on tick 4.
Comparison with other gloves[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Ranged armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
|3 × Seren components||1/2|
|3 × Zaros components||1/2|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- There is no longer a small delay of the character after using the Snipe ability with Nightmare gauntlets equipped.
- patch 13 February 2017 (Update):
- Nightmare gloves no longer trigger the effect in PvP on free worlds.
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- The Nightmare gauntlets' naming and placement in the Defence skillguide has been fixed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]