Quick guide for New Varrock achievements
- 1 Special
- 2 Easy
- 3 Medium
- 4 Hard
- 5 Elite
Special[edit | edit source]
A easy, medium, and hard achievement requires that you loot increasing numbers of treasure chests hidden in New Varrock. There are 50 chests in total, each of which are marked on the map to the right. They have Thieving requirements scaling up to level 90. There is no way to boost your Thieving level within New Varrock. However, boosts applied just before entering will remain, so it is advised that if you must boost to open a specific chest, do so as fast as possible and run directly to the desired chest.
You only need to loot one gang's chests, as they have a shared count and does not require multiple playthroughs to complete.
Easy[edit | edit source]
- Pickpocket a zombie inhabitant.
- Kill a cow in the cow pen to the east and loot its hide and meat. Tan the hide into hard leather at the tanner located in the mid south-western portion of the city.
- If you have the required Crafting level, be sure to craft the hard leather into a piece of armour to complete a medium achievement (requires obtaining a needle and piece of thread from Thessalia's Fine Clothes store).
- Chop down a tree and light the logs, or go to a range and cook the raw undead beef.
- Walk to any nearby store and sell an item to it. Note that some stores will not purchase certain items.
Medium[edit | edit source]
Cat's bane[edit | edit source]
- Obtain the catspeak amulet from Tiny Zemouregal in the town centre.
- Go to Gertrude's house. (south-western portion of the city)
- Go upstairs and pick up the fishbowl.
- Go to the central square and buy some doogle leaves from Xuan (two if doing the 'Micro Brew' hard achievement as well).
- Buy a bucket from the general store and milk the zombie dairy cow on the east side of town.
- Go to the Chaos altar (south-eastern most building), give Grumps the fishbowl and search the Altar slab in the northern part of the building for the Necrofelinomicon.
- Go to the trial announcer by the eastern bank, catbot 9000 is nearby, give him the doogle leaves.
- Climb to the top of the church (north-eastern portion of city), give Baron Mauser the milk.
- Go back near Gertrude's house, give 'Fraidy cat the Necrofelinomicon.
- This medium achievement is done, and you can do Mummy Returns (see hard section) now.
Pick half[edit | edit source]
- Requires you to open 25 of the New Varrock chests. For their location refer to #Special at the top of this page for a map.
Scrying game[edit | edit source]
- Whilst wearing the zombie outfit or override, climb the south-east staircase in the castle.
- Kill an armoured zombie and collect the red mist.
- Head to the north-westernmost room of the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the castle.
- Interact with the scrying pool go through all the options.
They had a Gudrun[edit | edit source]
- Head to the apothecary.
- Pick a cadavaberry from a cadavaberry bush.
- Return to the apothecary and ask for the potion.
- Bring this potion to the north-west section of the castle (ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]).
- Use the potion on the hanging heads.
- If you have level 90 Thieving be sure to loot the chest in this room too to complete an elite achievement.
Tier Gear[edit | edit source]
- Kill a cow and pick up its hide.
- Tan the hide at the tanner (south-western portion of the city) into hard leather.
- Go to Thessalia's Fine Clothes and purchase a needle and piece of thread.
- Craft a piece of armour using the hard leather.
Hard[edit | edit source]
Bank-Z[edit | edit source]
- Search the footlocker in the north-eastern room (behind the purple barrier) on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the castle for the vault key.
- Open the vault's outer door on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US].
- Deface the three paintings on the northern wall.
Micro Brew[edit | edit source]
- Buy doogle leaves from Xuan in the town centre.
- Go to the south-west room on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] in the castle. Grab the jug and vial that spawn in the room. 'Take' Wine of Zemouregal (directly NW of jug spawn), it will fill the jug.
- Fill the vial with water from the sink in the east room of the castle.
- Combine the doogle leaves with the vial of water and then add the wine of Zemouregal.
- Return to Tiny Zemouregal in the town centre
Mummy Returns[edit | edit source]
- Ensure you have completed Cat's Bane.
- Head to Fluffs' grave (on the west wall of New Varrock, near the west bank).
- Inspect it twice.
Pick All[edit | edit source]
- Requires you to open 50 of the New Varrock chests. For their location refer to #Special at the top of this page for a map.
South AND West Side Story[edit | edit source]
- You must complete the gang quest that you didn't do on your first playthrough and so requires a replay. See the main article Dimension of Disaster: Shield of Arrav for a guide on how to do this.
- If you cannot remember which gang you joined, the one you did will show up as brighter text in the in-game achievement journal.
Elite[edit | edit source]
Dark Imperator-ment[edit | edit source]
- Go to the New Varrock museum and press the big red button south of Orlando Smith and use all four options.
- Multiple attempts may be needed depending on order pressed.
Guard is Dead[edit | edit source]
New Varrock guards are powerful so it is recommended you use the mithril crossbow (quest reward), iron bolts and an off-hand bronze crossbow (both purchased from the archery shop).
- Find a new Varrock Guard and lure them behind a fence and use the aforementioned equipment setup to complete this achievement with ease.
Moo-er of All Bombs[edit | edit source]
- During the fight with Zemouregal in the Dimension of Disaster finale lure 5 exploding cows to Zemouregal and ensure he takes damage with them.
- This achievement requires the player to progress all the way to the final point in the quest and will likely take the longest time.
Steel, Stud, or Silk Salute[edit | edit source]
Method 1 (preferred)[edit | edit source]
- Purchase Zaff's/Sani's shop upgrade with 2 silver pennies from Aris, after the quest.
- Purchase 7 Spider silk from Zaff's shop along with a needle and a few thread from Thessalia.
- Craft the hood, robe top and bottoms and perform the Salute emote.
Method 2[edit | edit source]
It is possible to repeatadly kill the New Varrock guards as they drop armour required to complete this achievement, however it may take a little while to gather each individual piece. Use the same method as detailed in the above achievement that involves killing a guard.
Top Pick[edit | edit source]
- Go to the north-west section of the castle (ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]) and pick the chest in the study. This requires 90 Thieving and cannot be boosted.