|Release||15 February 2005 (Update)|
|Location||Misthalin and Morytania|
|Examine||I'd better not get stung.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
The plant may be harvested via the Pick option where, supposing the player has an item in their glove slot, Nettles can be collected for use in Nettle tea. If gloves are not worn, no nettles will be obtained and the player will be dealt up to 20 life points of damage.
The hitsplat of the damage is green similar to poison and can be negated by antipoison effects, but the player does not receive further damage over time as with regular poison. The message in the chatbox upon being damaged states "You have been stung by the nettles." as opposed to "You have been poisoned." as with regular poison hitsplats.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Nettle plants can be found:
- Right next to the Canifis Lodestone
- Within the yew trees section of Edgeville; leather gloves spawn south of the nearby bank
- On the south and east sides of the Draynor Village jail
- On the east side of Draynor Manor
- Near Father Urhney's house in the Lumbridge Swamp
- Near Varrock's redberry bushes (in ruins just south-west of the southern-most church) (two plants)
- In the very south-eastern part of the Haunted Woods
- South of the entrance of Fenkenstrain's Castle
- South of the Haunted Woods fairy ring (code ALQ)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- The audio played when being injured by nettles and old traps has been updated.
- ninja 17 March 2014 (Update):
- Nettles can now be collected by any item worn in the hands equipment slot.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the update on 17 March 2014, a player had to wield certain gloves to pick nettles. Not all types of gloves worked.
- A glitch allowed free players to collect nettles for a short period of time; however, these nettles cannot be used in any way on a free world since they appear as "Members Objects".
- The sound you hear when you are stung by nettles is the same sound goblins used to make when hit by a player in combat.
- There is a glitch when a player tries to pick a nettle without gloves; their skin turns the same colour as a darker skinned vampyre.
- You do not need gloves to pick up the item version of nettles (i.e. dropped nettles).