||12 March 2013 (Update)
||5.4 seconds (9 ticks)
|Launch painful needles at the target.
- 31%-157% ability damage.
- Gain 7% damage increase to target on your next attack.
|Infobox • Talk page
Needle Strike is a basic Ranged ability requiring dual-wielded weaponry. The ability will deal 31.4-157% ability damage, averaging at 94.2%, and increases the ability damage on your next attack by 7%.
Damage over time abilities such as Fragmentation Shot are not affected by the damage increase, but will consume the buff.
Only Ranged attacks are affected by the buff, although it is possible to switch to a different ranged weapon, such as a 2-handed bow, and still benefit from the damage increase. Most Constitution and Defence abilities have their damage increased as long as used with a ranged weapon.
The damage increase also applies to secondary targets struck by the next ability (e.g. Ricochet) as long as you are attacking the same primary target.
Non-channelled, non-damage over time abilities that hit the same target multiple times will benefit fully from the damage increase (e.g. Snap Shot), but only the first 2 hits (out of 8) of Rapid Fire and the first hit (out of 4) of Unload benefit from it. Onslaught is not affected at all.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- Using the Needle Strike ability no longer results in increased damage upon changing primary target.
- patch 29 March 2021 (Update):
- The Needle Strike buff will now apply to the targeted enemy and last for the correct length of time. It can no longer be reapplied by switching targets.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Ability queuing will no longer stop the buff from Needle strike going to the following ability.