A Necromancer is someone who studies necromancy; the art of magically resurrecting the dead. They are usually followers of Zamorak, Zaros, or Xau-Tak, due to the practice of necromancy being considered unnatural by most human societies.
Senliten, the Pharaoh Queen describes necromancy as a corrupted version of the mummification process which leaves the victim caught in a state between living and death. According to Irwin Feaselbaum, some powerful necromancers can raise themselves from the dead. Malignius Mortifer claims that because necromancy is not well understood, misfires can occur resulting in the summoning of fungi or cabbages.
Known necromancers[edit | edit source]
- Cora - The captain of The Harbinger.
- Dragith Nurn - An undead necromancer found in the Lumbridge Catacombs.
- Duke Orcus - Commander of the Third Legion in the army of Zarosian Empire.
- Invrigar the Necromancer - An evil user of Magic powers.
- Irwin Feaselbaum - A young assistant necromancer.
- Kardia - A witch who resurrected Iban with rituals, one being Incantia, which summons the essence of life.
- Malignius Mortifer - Constantly refining his necromancy skills by practicing.
- Melzar - After Elvarg destroyed his home he went mad and dedicated himself to reanimating his fellow countrymen.
- Morwenna - A Zamorakian necromancer from the Fourth Age who haunted Ashdale until the player came.
- Oreb - A necromancer from the human home world of Teragard.
- Papa Mambo - A shaman who was kicked from being the head shaman of Shilo Village due to his necromancy.
- Rashiliyia - Spirit betrayed by Zamorak. Plays a role in Shilo Village quest.
- Sithik Ints - Responsible for the Zogres, in possession of the Necromancy book.
- Taraket - A revived dragonkin encountered in The Shadow Reef elite dungeon, capable of summoning numerous undead to his aid.
- Tarn Razorlor - Gone mad by living in the Abandoned Mine, raised his old friends from the dead.
- Zemouregal - A powerful Mahjarrat necromancer who attacked Varrock with armies of skeletons and zombies, twice.
Unnamed necromancers[edit | edit source]
- Necromancer - A crazy evil necromancer.
- Necromancer (Heart of Gielinor) - Monsters that fight for Sliske's faction in Heart of Gielinor.
- Necromancer (Daemonheim) - A seemingly crazy necromancer.
- Necrolord - One of the Mahjarrat Bilrach's legion of supremely powerful necromancers within Daemonheim, in the Occult floors.
Former necromancers[edit | edit source]
- Dawn - A witch who died seeking the Wand of Resurrection.
- Lucien - A deceased Mahjarrat necromancer who once attacked Varrock with an army of skeletons and zombies
- Sliske - Another deceased Mahjarrat necromancer, responsible for the death of Guthix.
- Melville Grayzag - A former necromancer who's since moved onto summoning demons and Pests instead of the undead.
- Yudura - A powerful necrolord who was killed by Moia
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In RuneScape Classic, players had the ability to choose their class. One of the choices was to become a Necromancer, which gave players a higher starting level in Necromancy (the original Magic). Later when the class system was removed, all necromancers became Mages.
- Some people have compared necromancy to Summoning, but according to Malignius Mortifer, the two have nothing in common.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Guthix Manifests - Views on Necromancy from Guthix.
- Zamorak Deconstructs - Views on Necromancy from Zamorak.
- Postbag from the Hedge 1 - Wizard Frumscone talking about his Zombies.
- Postbag from the Hedge 24 - A rant from Malignius Mortifer.