Nature spirit (race)
Nature spirits are former humans that have undergone a transformation to become a part of the nature of Gielinor. During the Nature Spirit quest, the player helps Filliman Tarlock become the a nature spirit so he can protect the Mort Myre Swamp. The methods of doing so are not fully known, but "something with faith," "something from nature" and "something of the 'spirit-to-become' freely given" are required. These items then need to be arranged around the spirit-to-become in a certain manner before a spell is cast. However, there may be multiple methods of becoming a nature spirit since Ashuelot Reis claims that she used Guthixian knowledge to become one.
Nature spirits are the only entity that can perform the Phasma Phasmatis Natura ceremony, which turns a pair of secateurs into magic secateurs. These blessed secateurs are the only weapon that can damage tanglefootii.
Known nature spirits[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Filliman Tarlock, "Nature Spirit", RuneScape. "In my former incarnation I was Filliman Tarlock, a great druid of some power. I spent many years in this place, which was once a forest and I would wish to protect it as a nature spirit."
- ^ Journal, written by Filliman Tarlock, "Nature Spirit", RuneScape. "Most of the writing is pretty uninteresting, but something inside refers to a nature spirit. The requirements for which are "something from nature", "something with faith", and "something of the spirit-to-become freely given". It's all pretty vague."
- ^ Filliman Tarlock, "Nature Spirit", RuneScape. "Will you help me to become a nature spirit? The directions for becoming one are still a big vague, I need three things but I know how to get one of them... the book says, that I need, and I quote – 'Something with faith', 'something from nature' and 'something of the 'spirit-to-become' freely given'."
- ^ Filliman Tarlock, "Nature Spirit", RuneScape. "It says... 'to arrange upon three rocks around the spirit-to-become...'. Then I must cast a spell... the only thing the journal says is that 'something with faith stands south of the spirit-to-become'."
- ^ a b Ashuelot Reis, RuneScape. "It was at this time I used my learnings of Guthix to become a nature spirit, so as to survive the chaos that followed, and with the goal of one day undoing what had been done."
- ^ Nature Spirit, "A Fairy Tale I - Growing Pains", RuneScape. "Your information is correct, secateurs that have been blessed by a Nature Spirit are the only weapons that can harm such a terrible creature."
- ^ Her examine text reads: "Became a nature spirit to save baby animals. Collector farmhand."
- ^ Blood of the Covenant, written by Ivandis Seergaze, "River of Blood", RuneScape. "There was a woman who approached me, she who had been watching my progress. A spirit of nature, so she claimed, and one of fabled Guthix's flock... The woman - Yarra - has been sharing with me the teachings of Guthix."