|Release date||13 July 2004 (Update)|
|Dwarf multicannon allowed||Allowed|
|Quests taking place here||Nature Spirit|
|Inhabitants||Filliman Tarlock, Nature Spirit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Nature Grotto is hidden deep within the Mort Myre Swamp in a tree that is only unlockable during and after the Nature Spirit quest. The tree itself is in the middle of a small island, which can be accessed by jumping across the broken bridge south of the island. Filliman Tarlock is found here.
It is accessed from the north fence gate west of Canifis. The gate is just south of the Fairy ring (code CKS). Walk or run along the west side of the swamp until you see the island in the south-west corner of the swamp. Jump the bridge on the south side to enter the Nature Grotto.
A shortcut from the gate (right-click: Quick travel gate) to the Nature Grotto is a reward after training the Temple Trekking companions to a total level of 100 or higher.
The hard clue scan 05 degrees 37 minutes north 31 degrees 15 minutes east can be found north of the entrance tree.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Altar that boost players' Prayer points above the maximum level.
- Players may bless their silver sickles here.
- Summoning obelisk and a Summoning shop, which is known as the wishing well. The well contains the same items as other Summoning shops, even though there is no apparent shopkeeper running the shop.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 April 2012 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to see other areas whilst inside the Nature Spirit grotto.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Around every 5 minutes a green glow surrounds you followed by the message: "The aura of Filliman's camp protects you from the swamp."
- It is revealed in Burgh De Rott Ramble/Temple Trekking that the grotto itself used to be surrounded by swamp plants until "the evil" (possibly ghasts or shades as mentioned by the spirit during a dialogue with him) set fire to a plant(s) and it spread to nearly every other one; the player had to extinguish them.
- The Nature Grotto may be a reference to Yoda's hut from the Star Wars trilogy. Both were small, made from dirt, tree based, in a swamp filled with dangerous creatures and inhabited by a green being.
- Long before Filliman arrived, the grotto was inhabited by a female nature spirit named Yarra, who was mentioned in Ivandis Seergaze's diary. Her ultimate fate is unknown.
|Related to the Myreque quest series|